Kamal Haasan plays ten different characters in his film ‘Dasavatharam’April 27th, 2008 - 8:20 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, Apr 27 (ANI): Superstar Kamal Haasan gets ready to don the role of ten different characters in his forthcoming film ‘Dasavatharam’ (Ten Incarnations).
Speaking to the media at a news conference Kamal Haasan said that ‘Dasavathaaram’ was one of his most ambitious project.
“This is the first time they (Critics) say that one actor has played ten characters it is not changing of guard, its characters and that’s new for me at least,” said Haasan.
“The screenplay is something I enjoyed that’s the 11th role that I play in the film but that’s the pivotal role, which made other ten roles possible. It’s been a different job as different as essaying the ten roles but it was interesting,” added Haasan.
Haasan besides acting in the film has written the story, screenplay and the dialogues for the film.
Bollywood super star Amitabh Bachchan who was present at news conference also congratulated Kamal Haasan on his Herculean effort.
“After watching few clips of the film I was spell bound. It’s a grand film and I am eager to see it. I congratulate him (Kamal Haasan) only he can do such a wonderful work and set example for us every time he does it,” said Bachchan.
Known South Indian director K.S. Ravikumar, who has many big budget films to his credit, has directed the film.
Other than Kamal Haasan the film stars Mallika Sherawat, Assin and Jaya Prada.
Bollywood composer Himesh Reshammiya has scored the music for the film, his first ever for a Tamil production.
Hollywood action superstar Jackie Chan was flown to India to especially release the music of this much-hyped movie.
It was the producer of the movie V. Ravichandran who managed to persuade Chan to do the honours since he holds the rights to release Jackie Chan’s movies in India. Jackie Chan released the music of the film ‘Dasavathaaram’ at the Nehru Indoor Stadium in the city.
The film is to be released in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi simultaneously worldwide some time in May. (ANI)
- Movie Review: Manmadhan Ambu(2010) - Jun 04, 2010
- Kamal Hassan plays ten roles in his forthcoming film 'Dasavathaaram' - Apr 17, 2009
- Chennai Waiting To Meet Mallika Sherawat - Oct 22, 2010
- Kamal Haasan Turns Lyricist And Playback Singer For 'Manmadhan Ambu' - Nov 02, 2010
- Jackie Chan releases film's music video in Chennai - Apr 25, 2008
- 'Robot' comparable to 'Sholay': Rajnikant - Aug 15, 2010
- Manmadhan Ambu Will Be Dubbed In Hindi And Telugu - Oct 29, 2010
- Hollywood's Jackie Chan keen to work in Indian films - Apr 26, 2008
- Aamir's choice of films makes Kamal Haasan happy - Jan 01, 2012
- Post divorce, Sonia happy to be back on big screen (Tamil Movie Snippets) - Nov 30, 2011
- Serious to comic to Santa: Chitrangada Singh's new avatars - Jan 10, 2012
- I have a dormant market in Bollywood: Kamal Haasan (Interview) - Apr 02, 2009
- Kamal Haasan still keen on Sonakshi? - Jul 29, 2011
- Shruthi May Debut In Mollywood - Oct 08, 2010
- '7am Arivu' spells magic at box office, Surya excited - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: action superstar, ambitious project, amitabh bachchan, assin, budget films, film stars, forthcoming film, herculean effort, himesh reshammiya, incarnations, indian director, jaya prada, kamal haasan, mallika sherawat, nehru, pivotal role, ravichandran, ravikumar, star amitabh bachchan, story screenplay