Kalyan Singh never got a clean chit in Babri Mosque demolitionFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 8:38 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Feb 2, (ANI): The Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday said that he had never given former Bharatiya Janata Party leader a clean chit in the Babri Mosque demolition.
Mulayam Singh recalled that Kalyan Singh had already taken moral responsibility for the demolition when he stepped down as chief minister on December 6, 1992.
He clarified his relations with Kalyan Singh and said, There is no alliance with Kalyan Singh, its only friendship which have no conditions.
He justified joining hands with the former UP Chief Minister Kalyan Singh by saying that it would weaken communal forces like Bharatiya Janata Party.
He further added, Kalyan Singh would contest as an independent candidate from Etah while his son Rajveer Singh would contest as party candidate.”
The SP chief said that all the riots in the country were being engineered by the communal forces that wanted to divide the nation.
He said the alliance with Congress would be finalized soon and Kalyan factor would not be any obstacle between the relationships of both parties.
Babri Mosque was demolished on December 6, 1992, when Kalyan Singh was the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. (ANI)
- Mulayam apologises to Muslims for aligning with Kalyan - Jul 15, 2010
- Congress book blames Sangh parivar for Babri demolition, defends Rao - Dec 30, 2010
- Mulayam's apology to Muslim community a political gimmick: Mayawati - Jul 15, 2010
- CBI moves SC against clean chit to Advani in Babri demolition case - Feb 18, 2011
- Mosque demolition: CBI challenges Advani clean-chit (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Samajwadi Party revokes expulsion of Azam Khan - Nov 03, 2010
- Absurd to suggest Narasimha Rao was indifferent to Babri razing: Naresh Chandra - Jul 11, 2012
- Mulayam Singh apologies to Muslim community - Jul 15, 2010
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- Supreme Court issues notice to Advani and others in Babri Masjid demolition case - Mar 04, 2011
- Samajwadi Party to observe Babri anniversary as black day - Dec 03, 2009
- Mulayam's apology to Muslims a gimmick: Amar Singh - Aug 02, 2010
- Narasimha Rao was denied Lok Sabha ticket over Babri demolition: Congress - Dec 07, 2009
- Amar Singh denies role in Samajwadi Party's friendship with Kalyan Singh - May 10, 2009
- Someone must be responsible for Babri mosque demolition, says Chidambaram - Dec 08, 2009
Tags: babri mosque, chief minister, clean chit, communal forces, congress, demolition, feb 2, friendship, independent candidate, joining hands, kalyan singh, moral responsibility, obstacle, party candidate, party chief, party leader, relationships, riots, Samajwadi Party, yadav