Kalmadi’s close aide Shekhar remanded to CBI custody for two more daysFebruary 17th, 2011 - 9:38 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, Feb 11 (ANI): Former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi’s close aide Shekhar Deorukhkar, arrested in connection with the multi-crore Commonwealth Games (CWG) scam, was remanded in Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) custody for two more days on Thursday.
“Considering the nature of the case and the allegations levelled against the accused, I am satisfied that further police custodial interrogation is required to unearth the entire conspiracy,” said Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
Shekhar, who was the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to Kalmadi, was picked up by the premier investigating agency for irregularities in overlays contracts in the 2010-sporting extravaganza.
This is the fourth arrest in this case after the CBI had earlier arrested top CWG OC officials T S Darbari, M Jayachandran and Sanjay Mahendroo.
The Delhi High Court granted bail to the three CWG OC officials in January after the Central CBI failed to file any chargesheet against them. (ANI)
- CBI arrests Kalmadi's close aide in Pune - Feb 11, 2011
- Kalmadi aide's CBI custody extended (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Kalmadi aide's CBI remand extended - Feb 17, 2011
- Kalmadi aide sent to five-day CBI custody - Feb 12, 2011
- CBI apprehends Kalmadi aide in Pune (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- CWG scam: Two sent to judicial custody till March 19 - Mar 05, 2011
- CBI raids premises of CWG officials (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- CWG overlays scam: Judicial custody for two till March 19 (Lead) - Mar 05, 2011
- CBI raids CWG offices - Feb 18, 2011
- CWG scam: Former officials remanded to three-days CBI custody - Nov 22, 2010
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to CBI custody for five days - Feb 24, 2011
- CBI fails to name Kalmadi in FIR - Nov 25, 2010
- After Darbari, another Kalmadi aide gets bail in CWG scam case (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- CWG scam: CBI raids five Organising Committee officials - Feb 18, 2011
- Kalmadi's aide, businessman sent to judicial custody - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: allegations, cbi, central bureau of investigation, committee chairman, commonwealth games, conspiracy, contracts, crore, custodial interrogation, cwg, delhi high court, investigating agency, irregularities, jayachandran, organising committee, osd, saini, sanjay, suresh kalmadi