Kalka-Shimla train derails, one killedDecember 21st, 2008 - 3:40 pm ICT by ANI
Shimla, Dec 21 (ANI): One person was killed and three others were injured when the Kalka-Shimla holiday special train derailed in Dharampur, about 60 kilometers from Shimla today.
According to railway sources, the engine and two bogies of the train was derailed at a village at around 8:30 a.m. after hitting stones lying on the tracks.
The injured are undergoing treatment at the Dharampur Hospital.
Eyewitnesses said that the man killed looked to be in his late twenties.
According to railway sources, the identity of the deceased is yet to be established, railway sources said. (ANI)
- Sixth train on Kalka-Shimla track - Apr 25, 2011
- Rail traffic restored on Kalka-Shimla track (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Kalka-Shimla track gets holiday special toy train - Dec 23, 2010
- Rail engine derails in Himachal Pradesh - Jul 01, 2010
- 'Bring Shimla's last heritage train back on track' (Letter from Shimla) (With Image) - Aug 12, 2012
- Kalka-Shimla train derails, two killed - Dec 21, 2008
- Fire destroys 108-year-old railway station - May 03, 2011
- Kalka-Shimla train derails, one killed (Lead) - Dec 21, 2008
- Himachal's 108-year-old heritage railway station gutted (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- 50 injured as passenger train bombed in Assam (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2011
- Train services resume on Kalka-Shimla track - Sep 24, 2010
- Group travel? Charter a train to Shimla (With Images) - May 17, 2010
- 10 injured as Vidarbha Express rams into derailed local train - Jul 20, 2012
- Himalayan Kalka-Shimla train on its final journey - Aug 07, 2012
- Guwahati-Puri Express derails in Assam (Lead) - Jul 10, 2011