Kalam, Dalai Lama to launch new global initiative for conflict avoidanceJanuary 21st, 2008 - 1:11 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Jan. 21 (ANI): The former President of India, Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, and Tibetan spiritual leader, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, would be the chief guests at the formal launch of the Global Foundation for Civilisational Harmony [India], a global initiative for conflict avoidance with Indian and Eastern perspective, at the Chinmaya Mission Hall, Lodhi Road, in Delhi on Tuesday.
The event is being hosted by Trustees of GFCH India, including Essel Group Chairman Subhash Chandra, former Intelligence Bureau Director Ajit Doval and former Delhi Lt Governor Vijai Kapoor who are all eminent persons from different walks of life.
Swami Dayananda Saraswati, Convenor of the Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha, will preside over the function while the other spiritual leaders who will participate as Guests of Honour and bless the initiative include Sri Sri Ravishankar, the head of the Art of Living movement, Cardinal Oswald Gracias, Archbishop of Mumbai , Swami Ramdev, the great yoga exponent, Dr Mahmood Ali Madani, the head of the Deoband Islamic School, Swami Mitrananda, Director of Chinmaya Yuvak Kendra, Paramahamsa Nithyananda, the head of Gnanapeedam, , Jain Muni Sumer Malji, , Rabbi Ezekiel Isaac Malekar of Delhi Jewish Synagogue and Akal Takht Chief Jathedar Joginder Singh Vedanti.
Noted intellectuals and academics, including vice-chancellors of several universities, thinkers, professionals, businessmen and activists from across the country and the world including a large delegation from abroad are attending the historic event.
A launch book titled “Transcending Conflicts — Indian and Eastern Way’, edited by a board of eminent persons headed by Dr Kireet Joshi, to which 20 scholars, thinkers and activists have contributed their thoughts will also be released on that day. (ANI)
- Sex scandal-hit Indian swami's Kuala Lumpur Ashram won't be asked to be closed: MHS - Mar 10, 2010
- Mudslinging over Madurai 'mutt' appointment - May 14, 2012
- Nityananda Case: Karnataka HC adjourns hearing till June 10 - Jun 08, 2010
- Yuvarani Nithyananda Sex Scandal Makes Waves - Mar 24, 2010
- Malaysian ashram to cooperate in Swami Nithyananda-sex scandal probe - Apr 11, 2010
- Ramesh Aravind To Enact Swami Nityananda - Jun 15, 2010
- Colorectal cancer affecting India's fight against cancer - Feb 18, 2012
- Godman linked to sex scandal; ashrams ransacked (Lead) - Mar 04, 2010
- Shanta Kumar's trust-run hospital opens in Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Inter-faith harmony dialogue held in Delhi to promote peace - Feb 04, 2011
- Swami Nithyananda Found With Another Tamil Actress Yuvarani In A Video - Mar 23, 2010
- Godman linked to sex scandal; ashram ransacked - Mar 03, 2010
- NHRC to hold seminar in Hindi in Puducherry - Feb 08, 2011
- CSDS offering fellowships to journalists - Sep 10, 2011
- Goa MP urges politicians to shun 'sadhus', 'babas' - Mar 21, 2010
Tags: abdul kalam, bureau director, chinmaya mission, conflict avoidance, dalai lama, dr a p j abdul kalam, eminent persons, global foundation, global initiative, hindu dharma, intelligence bureau, jewish synagogue, kireet joshi, mahmood ali, malekar, paramahamsa nithyananda, sri sri, tibetan spiritual leader, vice chancellors, vijai