K. Rajendra Kumar to be Jammu and Kashmir acting police chiefMay 30th, 2012 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 30 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir government Wednesday appointed K. Rajendra Kumar as the acting director general of police with the current police chief Kuldeep Khoda retiring the next day.
The cabinet, during a meeting in Tangdhar town in Kupwara near the Line of Control, issued the order.
Kumar is the senior-most additional director general in the state.
Next month, Ashok Prasad, an Indian Police Service officer from the Andhra Pradesh cadre, will take over from Kumar as the new police chief.
“The central government has not yet relieved Prasad from the Intelligence Bureau where he is additional director,” official sources told IANS.
- Prasad to be new chief of J&K; Police - May 28, 2012
- Prasad will be new Kashmir police chief (Second Lead, Changing dateline) - May 28, 2012
- Ashok Prasad takes over as new Kashmir police chief - Jul 23, 2012
- CAT sets aside Andhra police chief's appointment - Apr 27, 2011
- Avoid rights violations, Omar tells top officials - Feb 06, 2011
- Omar orders probe into attack on minister - Dec 12, 2011
- DGP Kuldeep Khoda blames Hurriyat (G) for Monday's violence - Sep 14, 2010
- Absconding major surfaces in US, says Al Qaeda present in Kashmir - Mar 01, 2011
- Promotions, transfers for Kashmir cops - May 31, 2010
- Army cautions against complacency in counter-insurgency - Aug 05, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir to have new police chief June 1 - May 26, 2012
- Kashmir not to allow flag-hoisting by BJP (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Narasimhan begins second term as Andhra Pradesh governor - May 03, 2012
- BJP starts march to Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 25, 2011
- Mehbooba walks out of meeting to select vigilance panel - May 29, 2012