Jyotiraditya Scindia takes over as Minister of State for Commerce and IndustryJune 1st, 2009 - 2:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 1 (ANI): Jyotiraditya Scindia on Monday took over as the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry.
On assuming the charge, Scindia discussed about the present foreign trade, Special Economic Zones, issues relating to the World Trade Organisation and industrial scenario, with the Commerce Secretary, G.K. Pillai and Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ajai Shankar.
While interacting with the media persons, Scindia stated that the main thrust area is manufacturing sector and he will look into the same for pushing manufacturing growth in the coming months.
He also explained about the present scenario of the Special Economic Zones. (ANI)
- Kenya seeks India's help in setting up SEZs - Nov 29, 2010
- Colombia to ratify tax treaty with India by year-end - Jul 08, 2012
- India, Peru cooperation can boost two-way trade: Scindia - Sep 08, 2010
- Land takeover begins for Delhi-Mumbai corridor - Aug 22, 2012
- Only 4 states, UTs support FDI in retail: Government - Aug 08, 2012
- India, Pakistan seek to better trade ties - Aug 24, 2011
- India wants to cooperate with Cuba in energy, telecom - Jul 14, 2012
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
- India offers to develop Botswana's rail network - Sep 20, 2011
- India's share in global trade up: Minister - May 09, 2012
- India, Zimbabwe to deepen investment, trade ties - Sep 21, 2011
- Mukherjee to open CII National Conference 2011 - Apr 06, 2011
- Argentina buys Indian pharma products worth $200 million - May 04, 2011
- India seeks to invest in diverse sectors of Peruvian economy - Sep 08, 2010
- India mulling free trade pacts with African countries - May 15, 2012
Tags: commerce secretary, economic zones, industrial scenario, jyotiraditya scindia, manufacturing sector, media persons, minister of state, New Delhi, pillai, secretary department, shankar, thrust area, world trade organisation