Junior doctors’ strike in Patna claims one more lifeNovember 15th, 2009 - 7:55 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Nov. 15 (ANI): An ongoing strike by the junior doctors of a government-run hospital in Patna claimed a life on Sunday.
The strike by junior doctors at the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH), demanding hike in monthly stipend, has entered its sixth day.
“She died due to lack of doctors. She could not be treated in time and died. We had brought her yesterday at around 6,” said Satyam Kumar, a kin of a patient who died of lack of medical attention.
According to unconfirmed reports, about 60 patients have lost their lives due to the prolonged strike at PMCH.
The patients are facing a harrowing time as a few nurses struggled hard to maintain services.
“It is the patients who are suffering, we are doing our duty whatever we can,” said Sushila, a nurse.
Junior doctors of the PMCH are seeking an increase in their stipend from rupees 15,000 rupees to 25,000 rupees.
They alleged that the government hasn’t paid any heed to their plea since August, forcing them to go on strike. (ANI)
- Junior doctors end 14-day strike in Bihar - Jun 28, 2012
- Doctors strike in Patna - Nov 11, 2009
- 10 die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Eight die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals - Feb 11, 2012
- Junior doctors' strike claims 32 lives in Bihar - Aug 30, 2009
- Junior doctors' strike continues in Andhra - Feb 12, 2012
- Bihar's junior doctors resume work - Nov 22, 2009
- Doctors' strike enters fifth day, claims 38 lives - Aug 31, 2009
- Doctors' strike kills 21 in Bihar hospital - Aug 29, 2009
- Junior doctors call off strike in Andhra - Feb 15, 2012
- Bihar's junior doctors call off strike - Nov 21, 2009
- Bihar's junior doctors end strike; legislator surrenders - Feb 04, 2011
- Encephalitis claims 9 more lives in Bihar, toll now 159 - Jun 16, 2012
- 511 patients died due to doctors' strikes in Bihar - Dec 26, 2009
- Encephalitis kills four more in Bihar, toll 204 - Jun 19, 2012