Julia Stiles to make Broadway debut with OleannaSeptember 21st, 2008 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, September 21 (ANI): Bourne Supremacy actress Julia Stiles will soon be making her Broadway debut with the two-character play, Oleanna.
The American stage and screen actress first performed David Mamets play opposite Aaron Eckhart on London’’s West End stage in 2004.
Stiles shall lead the role of Carol in the power struggle between a university professor and one of his female students who accuses him of sexual harassment.
“I”m coming to Broadway. I”m so excited… It’’s where I started, the Daily Express quoted the actress as telling the New York Post.
I did shows off-Broadway. I did plays at La Mama. And I”m now going to do David Mamet’’s Oleanna. The one project I most want to do.
“By the end of the play pretty much everyone hates me. But I only know this will be my first time on Broadway. It’’s a dream of mine,” she added. (ANI)
- Megan Fox set for theatre debut - Oct 31, 2011
- I never really set out to be a film actress, says Carey Mulligan - Jan 15, 2011
- Dexter Moves On! - Oct 13, 2010
- Alec Baldwin returns to Broadway - Jun 29, 2012
- Mulligan set to return to theatre - Jan 14, 2011
- Brooke Shields returning to Broadway - Jun 22, 2010
- 'Chuck' star joins 'Dexter' - Jun 14, 2012
- Ethan Hawke returns to stage - May 24, 2012
- Dirty words in 'Filthy Talk for Troubled Times' killed Julia Stiles' prudishness - Jun 07, 2010
- All About James Spader's Debut Broadway Venture "Race" - Jul 23, 2009
- Christina Ricci still has stage fright - Sep 21, 2011
- Actor Ben Gazzara dies in US - Feb 05, 2012
- Amanda Holden to play Shrek's wife in stage version - Jul 31, 2010
- Kate Winslet to make stage debut - Mar 17, 2012
- Ricky Martin happy with family, return to Broadway - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: aaron eckhart, american stage, bourne supremacy, broadway debut, daily express, david mamet, female students, julia stiles, mama, new york post, oleanna london, power struggle, screen actress, sexual harassment, university professor, west end