Judge appears before cash-at-judge’’s door probe panelSeptember 29th, 2008 - 4:09 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh , Sept 29 (ANI): Punjab and Haryana High Court lady judge, Nirmaljit Kaur on Monday appeared before a three-judge panel set up by Chief Justice of India (CJI) K G Balakrishnan to look into the cash-at-judge’’s door scandal.
The panel consisting of Allahabad High Court’’s Justice Hemant Laxman Gokhale, Jammu and Kashmir High Court’’s Justice K S Radhakrishnan and Delhi High Court’’s Justice Madan B Lokur was set up by the CJI on August 26 this year.
With the panel beginning its probe today, Justice Kaur, whose staff member is a complainant in the case in which five persons, including a former Haryana’’s Additional Advocate General (AAG) Sanjeev Bansal had been arrested, was asked to provide necessary inputs in the case.
According reports, the panel initiated the inquiry proceedings from Justice Kaur and may question Justice Nirmal Yadav, whose name appeared during the questioning of the five alleged accused in the case by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Chandigarh Police.
The panel may also question Bansal, his clerk Parkash Ram, home guard jawan Nirmal Singh, a Delhi-based businessman Ravinder Singh Bhasin and property dealer Rajeev Gupta.
While the prime accused Bhasin is in CBI custody till September 30 in this case, four others including Bansal, Parkash Ram, Rajeev Gupta, and Nirmal Singh are in judicial lock up.
It may be recalled that the Chandigarh administration had last month referred the scandal, which is related to the alleged delivery of Rs 15 lakh at the house of Justice Kaur “mistakenly” by the clerk of Bansal on August 13, to the CBI on the ground that it may have inter-state ramifications.
Both the CBI probe and the judge’’s panel inquiry will proceed on simultaneously. (ANI)
- CBI files chargesheet against judge in Chandigarh bribery scandal (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- CBI court issues fresh summons for former judge - May 18, 2011
- SC no to quashing chargesheet against Nirmal Yadav - Sep 10, 2012
- High court dismisses ex-judge's plea against prosecution - Nov 14, 2011
- Cash-at-door scam: Court adjourns hearing - May 11, 2011
- Cash-in-bag scam: Ex-judge told to appear in trial court - Aug 19, 2011
- Cash at judge door case: CBI files chargesheet against Justice Nirmal Yadav - Mar 04, 2011
- CBI files charges against tainted judge - Mar 04, 2011
- Ex-judge gets bail in cash-in-bag case - Aug 27, 2011
- Cash-for-judge scam reaches last stages in Chandigarh - Dec 20, 2009
- CBI did not seek sanction to prosecute Justice Yadav: CJI - Feb 10, 2010
- Bar association challenges CBI in cash-for-judge scam - Feb 01, 2010
- Complainant in cash-for-judge scam fails to appear in court - Jan 11, 2010
- Cash-for-judge scam: bar association not allowed to argue - Feb 15, 2010
- Court asks CBI not to close cash-for-judge case - Dec 24, 2009
Tags: advocate general, bansal, bhasin, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chandigarh administration, chandigarh police, chief justice of india, cji, court lady, delhi high court, gokhale, hemant, jammu and kashmir, jawan, lady judge, necessary inputs, nirmal singh, punjab and haryana high court, s radhakrishnan