JRR Tolkiens son fighting to halt The HobbitMay 28th, 2008 - 2:04 pm ICT by admin
Wellington, May 28 (ANI): Author JRR Tolkiens son Christopher Tolkien is attempting “one last crusade” to stop Hollywood movie producers from filming two movies based on The Hobbit.
Reports say that Christopher will try to halt production on the upcoming Hobbit prequels, reports the NZPA.
The 83-year-old is making a last-ditch attempt against the film’s producers in his long-running legal battle over money owed for the Lord Of The Rings movies.
Tolkien claims that New Line Cinema owes him 200 million dollars from a film deal that his father signed in 1969 to cover a tax bill.
At a hearing scheduled for June 6, Tolkien will ask a California judge to “terminate” film rights to The Hobbit.
Tolkien’s lawyer claims studio New Line is guilty of “accounting chicanery”.
Peter Jackson, who directed the Rings trilogy, is to produce two Hobbit films, with Oscar winner Guillermo del Toro set to direct. (ANI)
- Del Toro Is No Longer The Director Of The Hobbit - Jun 02, 2010
- Guillermo to direct remake of `Beauty and the Beast' - Feb 15, 2012
- “The Hobbit”: The Most Expensive Film Till Date - Oct 12, 2010
- 'The Hobbit' Director Stands Down In The Midst Of Studio Deferments - Jun 01, 2010
- Del Toro not directing 'The Hobbit' - May 31, 2010
- Peter Jackson To Direct "The Hobbit"? - Jun 27, 2010
- 'Lord Of The Rings' prequel put on hold indefinitely, says Del Toro - May 29, 2010
- Orlando Bloom: The Latest ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ Member To Enter 'The Hobbit’ - Dec 09, 2010
- Guillermo del Toro quits as director of The Hobbit movies - May 31, 2010
- 'Hobbit' Director Quits Due To Studio Delays And Schedule Conflicts - Jun 01, 2010
- Peter Jackson confirms 'The Hobbit' will be split into two parts - May 11, 2009
- 'The Hobbit' is on track: Sir Ian Mckellen - Jun 15, 2010
- 'The Hobbit' will be made: Guillermo Del Toro - Jun 09, 2010
- Peter Jackson might direct 'The Hobbit' - Jun 27, 2010
- Peter Jackson In Discussions To Don The Mantle Of Directorship Of 'The Hobbit' - Jun 28, 2010
Tags: accounting, california judge, chicanery, christopher tolkien, film deal, film rights, hobbit tolkien, hollywood, hollywood movie producers, last crusade, last ditch attempt, lawyer, lord of the rings, lord of the rings movies, million dollars, new line cinema, oscar winner, peter jackson, trilogy, wellington