JPC on 2G scam to meet on March 24March 10th, 2011 - 7:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 10 (ANI): The Joint Parliamentary Committee, which has been constituted to probe the 2G spectrum scam, will have its first meeting on March 24.
Panel Chairman P C Chacko said here today that it will finalise the Committee’s roadmap, including witnesses to be called and documents to be sought.
Union Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal moved a motion in the Rajya Sabha on March 1 for setting up of a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) into 2G spectrum allocation.
There will be 30 members in the committee including 20 from Lok Sabha and ten from the Rajya Sabha.
Sibal said that the JPC will look into all the aspects of the scam.
H further said that there was nothing with the Telecom policy, but the implementation was faulty.
The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, had on February 22 announced the constitution of 30 members JPC.
The decision to have 30 members was taken after senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders conveyed to the government that smaller parties also want representation in the panel, the formation of which was promised by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday.
During the Winter Session, the government’s no to a JPC inquiry into the 2G scam led to a complete paralysis of Parliament with less than ten hours of business being conducted.
Former Telecom Minister A Raja, his personal secretary RK Chandolia, former telecom secretary Siddharth Behuria and managing director of DB Realty Shahid Balwa have been so far arrested in 2G scam over their alleged roles
Raja was forced to resign from the Union Cabinet last year after the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) faulted him for undervaluing spectrum to favour companies who were largely ineligible for 2G spectrum, and added that the government had probably lost Rs.1.76 lakh crore in estimated revenue. (ANI)
- 2G scam: Sibal moves motion for JPC in Rajya Sabha - Mar 01, 2011
- 2G scam: Manmohan Singh to move motion for JPC in Rajya Sabha - Mar 01, 2011
- Joint Parliamentary Committee debate in Parliament today - Feb 24, 2011
- PM to make statement on JPC in Parliament - Feb 22, 2011
- PM announces JPC probe in 2G scam - Feb 22, 2011
- Consensus on JPC probe into 2G spectrum scam - Feb 20, 2011
- 2G scam: Niira Radia appears before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- 2G scam: Ratan Tata, Radia to appear before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- BJP welcomes PM's announcement on JPC - Feb 22, 2011
- Congress, BJP clash in JPC probing 2G scam - Jun 19, 2012
- JPC asked to quiz Chidambaram on 2G - Jul 28, 2011
- 2G scam: Ratan Tata appears before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- BJP members walk out of 2G JPC (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sibal moves motion for JPC in Rajya Sabha (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Opposition demands for JPC probe into 2G scam is correct: Nitish Kumar - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, chacko, comptroller and auditor general, comptroller and auditor general of india, dr manmohan singh, kapil sibal, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, panel chairman, parliamentary committee, personal secretary, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajya sabha, siddharth, spectrum allocation, telecom policy, union cabinet, winter session