Joshi to remain CBSE chairman for six more monthsFebruary 24th, 2009 - 6:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 24 (ANI): The government has decided to give Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Secretary Veenith Joshi additional charge of its chairmanship.
The HRD Ministry had written to Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), seeking an extension for Joshi as the appointment of a regular chairman was delayed.
The DoPT agreed to the extension and has directed Joshi to continue his chairmanship either for six months or till the appointment of a regular chairman, whichever is earlier. The appointment process was delayed after the death of Sudeep Banerjee, who was appointed as the chairman of the search committee which had to select the CBSE chairman.
Now, the Appointments Committee of Cabinet is planning to form a new search committee, for which the work is on.
The annual CBSE board examinations for class-X and class-XII will start from March two and about 14.5 lakh students are expected to appear for it. (ANI)
- Physical education to gain more importance in CBSE schools - Nov 03, 2010
- CBSE asked to give names of students for Indo-Japanese Exchange Programme - Feb 23, 2011
- Sibal wants single common entrance exam for all higher education institution - Jun 19, 2010
- School project work should be fun: CBSE chairman - Sep 12, 2010
- Indian schools may offer international curriculum - Feb 07, 2012
- Marx and Engels not untouchables: Mamata - Apr 09, 2012
- CBSE to offer international curriculum in Indian schools (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Centre to improve school education launched - Aug 09, 2012
- Eight lakh teachers register for test June 26 - Jun 11, 2011
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- CBSE class XII results to be announced today - May 22, 2009
- Inter state gang behind question paper leak: Police - May 02, 2011
- Is Mamata trying to make Marx & Engels history in Bengal? - Apr 06, 2012
- CAG Vinod Rai's service records and dossier missing - Aug 21, 2012
- PETA India to sensitise children towards animals - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: appointment, appointments committee, banerjee, board examinations, board of secondary education, cbse board, central board of secondary education, chairmanship, class x, class xii, department of personnel and training, dopt, hrd ministry, joshi, New Delhi, search committee, six months