John Mccain makes a stopover visit to New DelhiDecember 2nd, 2008 - 10:20 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 2 (ANI): US senator John Mccain met Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh here on Tuesday, to show solidarity with India in the wake of terror attack in Mumbai.
McCain, a Republican Party leader was on his way from Iraq to Bangladesh and had a stop over in New Delhi.
U.S Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will also travel to India on Wednesday at the request of President George W. Bush in the wake of Mumbai attacks, the White House said on Sunday.
On Sunday, Bush called Manmohan Singh to again offer U.S. support and condolences for the victims and the families of those killed in the attacks.
US president elect Barack Obama had earlier said that militants based in South Asia represented the biggest threat to the United States and he was “absolutely committed” to eliminating the threat of terrorism.
The three-day terrorist attack in Mumbai, which began on Wednesday killed at least 183 people and left nearly 300 wounded.
The attack in India’’s financial capital is one of the biggest in the history of the country, where a group of terrorists armed with rifles and grenades had fanned out across Mumbai last week to attack sites popular with tourists and businessmen, including the city’’s top two luxury hotels.
Elite commandoes on Saturday completed operations to dislodge militants at the Taj Mahal hotel, ending three days of attacks in Mumbai. (ANI)
- Obama to address students at St. Xavier's College in Mumbai - Nov 02, 2010
- India, US to deepen counter-terror cooperation: Obama - Nov 06, 2010
- McCain opposes military action against Pakistan, wants hard evidence (Second Lead) - Dec 03, 2008
- Bush stays at Mumbai's Taj to express solidarity - Nov 01, 2009
- US won't let terrorists to mar India-Pakistan ties: McCain (Lead) - Dec 02, 2008
- Indian, Pakistani businessmen want to boost trade - Sep 26, 2011
- Indian cop accidentally shoots self outside Obama's hotel - Nov 07, 2010
- Chidambaram's counter-terrorism intelligence hub cleared - Jan 12, 2012
- Family of a martyr of Mumbai terror attack remembers their only child - Nov 15, 2009
- India-US to deepen counter-terror cooperation: Obama (Second Lead) - Nov 06, 2010
- US envoy asks Pak to act tough on 26/11 plotters - May 04, 2011
- McCain commends Obama on bin Laden killing - May 02, 2011
- Pak-based jihadis' 'Mumbai style' terror attacks planned on Europe foiled - Sep 29, 2010
- U.S. issues travel alert for Europe amid fears of terrorist attacks - Oct 04, 2010
- 2,200 police officers deployed for India-Pakistan cricket World Cup semifinal - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: barack obama, commandoes, condoleezza rice, dr manmohan singh, george w bush, john mccain, luxury hotels, manmohan, manmohan singh, mumbai terror attack, party leader, president elect, president george w bush, secretary of state condoleezza rice, senator john mccain, South Asia, state condoleezza rice, stopover, taj mahal hotel, terror attack, us senator