John Cleese to make Brit TV comeback after seven yearsSeptember 18th, 2008 - 6:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 18 (ANI): English actor John Cleese is all set to return to British TV for the first time after seven years to host a new show examining latest gadgets, just like his James Bond alter ego Q.
The ex-Monty Python star will be hosting Batteries Not Included, a show which will road test strange inventions from across the world, like devices for chin gyms, baby dusters and giant slippers.
The signing is for digital channel Dave, and it will be the first Brit show Cleese will be doing after the last series he made in the UK in 2001 for BBC1s science show The Human Face.
We”re over the moon as John Cleese is such a legend. Weve heard lots of channels have tried to get him to front things but he always says no, the Sun quoted a Dave source as saying.
Batteries Not Included will see John take the essence of his 007 character and combine it with some bizarre gadgets, the source added.
Cleese, 69, will be joined by other celebs in the show, including Alex Zane, Danny Wallace, Dom Joly and Richard Herring. (ANI)
- Monty Python star Cleese refused peerage to avoid England winter - Apr 17, 2011
- John Cleese spotted shopping for 'long white dress' with new girlfriend - Apr 18, 2011
- Monty Python stars get own radio channel - Oct 14, 2009
- UK public bodies splurge taxpayers' money to teach officials how to walk - Feb 20, 2011
- BBC 'nearly killed off 'Monty Python' - Aug 04, 2010
- 'Monty Python' pals John Cleese and Michael Palin may work together again - Sep 20, 2009
- Monty Python's Flying Circus members to reunite for a documentary tribute - Mar 31, 2009
- Monty Python team to reunite for 40th anniversary of first show - Mar 28, 2009
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- Monty Python launches own YouTube channel - Nov 21, 2008
- Jon Stewart lashes out at Chris Wallace - Jun 20, 2011
- Hollywood trivializes menstruation? - Jul 13, 2012
- Monty Python''s dead Parrot sketch dates back to 4th century - Nov 14, 2008
- Russell Brand to star in 'What About Dick?' - Feb 22, 2012
- 'The Italian Job' voted best British film of all time - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: alex zane, batteries, british tv, celebs, danny wallace, dom joly, dusters, ego, english actor, gyms, human face, james bond, john cleese, latest gadgets, monty python, richard herring, seven years, slippers, strange inventions, tv comeback