Johansson hits out at media over Obama email relationshipAugust 6th, 2008 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Aug 6 (ANI): American actress Scarlett Johansson has hit out at the media coverage of her so-called “email relationship” with Barack Obama.
Johansson, who was left red faced about her “relationship” with John McCains Democratic rival Obama, described the whole thing as a sexist issue.
“It seemed to me to be like a product of extreme sexism, and I kept thinking to myself, ”God, if this was just, like, Kal Penn or George Clooney or any of the other (Obama) surrogates or supporters … there wouldn”t be (any) question about it. Nobody would even talk about it,”” she said.
Johansson, a vocal supporter of Obama, told the website Politico.com in June that she and the Democratic presidential hopeful had been trading emails.
Obama later told reporters that Johansson doesn”t have his personal email address, and that his assistant forwarded one message from Johansson to which he replied.
The actress had said on August 5 in an interview from Los Angeles, where she was promoting her new Woody Allen film Vicky Cristina Barcelon.
“I was merely trying to express my delight at Obama’’s commitment to his campaign in every aspect and his interest and his support (in) his surrogates and his staff and his fellows, and how wonderful and refreshing that is, she said.
“And it was manipulated into such an unfortunate media frenzy of kind of a non story,”” the 23-year-old actress added. (ANI)
- Penelope is at ease with hypocondriac Woody around - Jul 02, 2012
- Johansson, Allen bonded over illness phobia - Nov 03, 2011
- Sean Penn finds new love - Aug 26, 2011
- Penelope Cruz to star in next Woody Allen film - Jun 21, 2011
- Cruz to reunite with husband for thriller - Apr 22, 2012
- Penelope Cruz to make one or two films a year - Apr 11, 2012
- Penn dating new girl? - Jul 09, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn make their relationship "official" at Reese Witherspoon's wedding - Mar 29, 2011
- Penelope Cruz is Woody Allens fan - Feb 19, 2009
- Penelope Cruz in Rome to work on Woody Allen film - Jul 08, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson dating Sean Penn - Feb 11, 2011
- Robin Wright, Greg Shapiro calls it quits - Mar 22, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson, Sean Penn's cozy lunch date - Mar 02, 2011
- No rift in Sacrlett Johansson's family - Jan 12, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson orders Javier Bardem to undress her in scene - Jan 20, 2009
Tags: american actress, barack obama, cristina, democratic presidential hopeful, fellows, george clooney, john mccains, kal penn, media coverage, media frenzy, melbourne, relationship, scarlett johansson, sexism, sexist issue, surrogates, vicky, vocal supporter, woody allen, woody allen film