Joe the Plumber to remain McCain campaigns battering ramOctober 24th, 2008 - 2:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 24 (ANI): Just 12 days before the US presidential election, Republican White House nominee John McCain continues to keep Joe the Plumber, as well as his concerns about how rival Barack Obamas tax policies would affect him, at the center of the campaign.
The economy is hands-down the top issue for voters, and the candidates are escalating their battle over whose tax plans would do the most for cash-strapped Americans.
Joe Wurzelbacher, the Ohio plumber who caused waves on the campaign trail after Obama told him he wants to spread the wealth around, is more than a talking point.
McCain is making Joe the Plumber his battering ram, FOX News reported.
The Republican nominee even named Thursdays trip through the swing state of Florida after the plumber. He was making six stops in 12 hours under the banner of the Joe the Plumber Keep Your Wealth Tour.
McCain hammers the argument that Joes exchange with Obama was a candid snapshot of his opponents economic philosophy.
Obama believes in redistributing wealth, not in policies that grow our economy and create jobs and opportunities for all Americans, McCain said on Thursday morning in Ormond Beach, Fla.
Senator Obama is more interested in controlling who gets your piece of the pie than he is in growing the pie. You have the same dream that Joe the Plumber has. … Obama wants to spread the wealth around … That means fewer jobs.
The Arizona senator also accused his Democratic rival of saying anything to get elected, specifically referencing his economic policies.
He said Obama had added a work requirement to his proposal to grant a 10 percent universal mortgage credit.
A top Obama aide said the campaign made the change two weeks ago to avoid charges that the proposal provided welfare to non-working Americans.
Thirteen days to go, and he changed his tax plan because the American people had learned the truth about it and they didnt like it, McCain told the Ormond Beach crowd. Its another example that hell say anything to get elected. (ANI)
- 'Joe the Plumber' wins seat on Ohio GOP committee - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe The Plumber' Elected To The Republican Party Committee Of The Lucas County In Ohio - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe The Plumber' Elected To Party Office In Ohio - May 06, 2010
- `Joe the Plumber' now says Senator McCain ruined his life - Feb 16, 2010
- 'Joe the plumber' elected as an official in Ohio - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe the Plumber' Democratically Elected As Local Republican Party Delegate In Ohio - May 08, 2010
- McCain's daughter says ` Joe the Plumber' is a `dumbass'! - Jul 17, 2009
- Joe The Plumber Elected! - May 06, 2010
- McCains anti Obama tax ploy actually working to the latters benefit - Oct 25, 2008
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- US must support India's Security Council bid: McCain (Lead) - Nov 06, 2010
- "Joe The Plumber" Elected In Ohio - May 08, 2010
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- McCain says that he is American middle class''s guardian - Oct 20, 2008
Tags: arizona senator, battering ram, campaign trail, democratic rival, economic philosophy, economic policies, fox news, john mccain, mortgage credit, ormond beach, piece of the pie, plumber, republican nominee, senator obama, swing state, tax policies, thirteen days, thursday morning, universal mortgage, us presidential election