Joe the plumber becomes Joe the novelistNovember 20th, 2008 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 20 (ANI): The US presidential campaign fixture and John McCain advocate better known as Joe the Plumber, Samuel J. Wurzelbacher, has signed a deal to write Joe the Plumber: Fighting for the American Dream.
Joe the Plumber will continue his tireless work on behalf of the American people, The Guardian reported. The book is being co-written with little-known novelist, Thomas Tabback.
He signed the book deal after admitting he was broke following his starring role in the recent US election campaign.
Joe the Plumber said he chose to turn his back on lucrative offers from the big publishers to go with a smaller firm to help spread the wealth.
PearlGate Publishing has previously published one book, says its website: Tabbacks debut novel, Things Forgotten.
Wurzelbacher sprang to fame in October when he challenged President elect Barack Obama about his tax proposals during the presidential campaign.
Wurzelbacher said he had since been inundated with requests to pen his own book.
Everyone came at me to write a book. They had dollar signs in their eyes - 101 Things Joe the Plumber Knows or some stupid shit like that. Excuse me, I am sorry, Wurzelbacher told Fox News.
You know I will get behind something solid, but I wont get behind fluff. I won”t cash in, and when people do read the book they will figure out that I didn”t cash in. At least I hope they figure that out.
The book will be released on December 1, priced at 14.95 dollar. (ANI)
- 'Joe the Plumber' wins seat on Ohio GOP committee - May 06, 2010
- `Joe the Plumber' now says Senator McCain ruined his life - Feb 16, 2010
- 'Joe The Plumber' Elected To The Republican Party Committee Of The Lucas County In Ohio - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe the plumber' elected as an official in Ohio - May 06, 2010
- McCain's daughter says ` Joe the Plumber' is a `dumbass'! - Jul 17, 2009
- 'Joe The Plumber' Elected To Party Office In Ohio - May 06, 2010
- Joe The Plumber Elected! - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe the Plumber' Democratically Elected As Local Republican Party Delegate In Ohio - May 08, 2010
- Biden casts doubt on Joe the Plumber phenomenon - Oct 17, 2008
- The buzz around anonymous novel on Obama - Jan 06, 2011
- John McCain actually left Joe the Plumber ''appalled''! - Dec 10, 2008
- "Joe The Plumber" Elected In Ohio - May 08, 2010
- Plumber Melvyn Careswell jailed for tax evasion - Jul 27, 2012
- Joe the Plumber is now a successfully selling brand! - Oct 31, 2008
- Record breaking belly fluff collection of Graham Barker weighs just over 22 grams - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: american dream, barack obama, debut novel, dollar signs, excuse, fluff, fox news, guardian, john mccain, london, novelist, plumber, president elect, presidential campaign, publishers, stupid shit, tax proposals, tireless work, us election campaign