JKLF protests against alleged rights violations in KashmirJune 18th, 2010 - 10:30 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, June 18 (ANI): The Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) on Friday launched a week long Jail bharo andolan in Srinagar to protest against alleged human rights violations in the Valley.
The activists took out a rally to generate attention and action against the alleged human rights violations by the armed forces in the Valley.
JKLF chairman Muhammad Yasin Malik said his organization would leave no stone unturned in their fight to stop human rights violations in Kashmir.
“We first resorted to hunger strikes and dharnas but this did not change the situation on the human rights violations front…, the way the youth and particularly the students are killed mercilessly for awards and promotions, no civilized Kashmiri and their families can remain silent on this. So we have decided to fill up jails in Jammu and Kashmir,” said Malik.
Malik and other activists later courted arrest. (ANI)
- JKLF chief courts arrest with 50 activists - Jun 18, 2010
- Yasin Malik, legislator arrested in Srinagar during protests - Dec 10, 2011
- Kashmir separatists, common man welcome Amnesty report - Mar 21, 2011
- Yasin Malik, supporters arrested in Srinagar (Lead) - Sep 30, 2011
- WikiLeaks vindicates our stand on torture: Kashmir separatists - Dec 18, 2010
- JKLF protests Kashmir 'killings, arrests', Malik detained - Mar 11, 2011
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik arrested at protest march - Sep 07, 2012
- Geelani, Mirwaiz detained in Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 24, 2010
- Geelani booked under Public Safety Act - Jun 24, 2010
- Kashmiri youth seek demilitarisation, more dialogue - Jun 03, 2012
- Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar (With image) - Jan 06, 2012
- EU delegation meets Kashmiri separatist leaders - Apr 19, 2010
- JKLF members clash with police in Srinagar - Feb 10, 2012
- Afzal Guru's hanging will re-kindle militancy: Yasin Malik - Sep 29, 2011
- Mirwaiz, Malik not to meet all-party team - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: activists, andolan, armed forces, human rights violations, hunger strikes, jail bharo, jails, jammu and kashmir, jklf, kashmir, kashmiri, liberation front, muhammad yasin, promotions, protests, rally, srinagar, yasin malik