J.J Valaya showcases his royal collection with eleganceDecember 20th, 2009 - 2:03 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 20 (ANI): J.J Valaya, one of India’s well-known designer, showcased his traditional ensembles filled with elegance, volume and optimism.
It is a three-day event by Chivas Fashion Studio that fuses the finest in Photography, Sculpture, jewel craft, music, fashion and mixology.
After its launch in New York, London, Madrid and Sydney, the Chivas Studio was finally launched in India.
J.J Valaya delivered a show, abolishing all the negative and violent things. According to him, the whole affair was a celebration as the global economic slump was getting over.”Well actually, this was an Indian collection. It was not about a western silhouette at all.
It was a spring summer forecast. So it was not for the winter season but for this season.
Really it was more of a celebration that the whole recession thing is getting over, the negativity is over. So it’s a more joyous mood and everybody is feeling better about it,” he said.
Top models sashayed on the ramp, wearing the richly refreshing Indian traditional ensembles in a colour palette of orange, rusty red, white, brown and crème. (ANI)
- JJ Valaya couture collection mix of past designs - Jul 23, 2011
- JJ Valaya 'clicks' with the LFW audience - Aug 18, 2011
- I've fused history, art, fashion in new project: J.J. Valaya (Interview) - Feb 11, 2011
- JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- 11 designers to participate in India Bridal Fashion Week (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- Trends don't work, says JJ Valaya - Aug 09, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Sonakshi walks ramp for J.J. Valaya at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- TV doesn't have many fashion-based shows: Shantanu - May 31, 2012
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- Jayasuriya turns showstopper at Mumbai fashion show - Jan 10, 2010
- Maria Goretti drapes sari for Payal Singhal's LFW show - Sep 20, 2010
- Malani Ramani? It's Malini! (WIFW Diary) - Oct 24, 2010
- Clothes real stars at Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: chivas, colour palette, craft music, economic slump, fashion studio, fuses, j j valaya, joyous mood, launch, london madrid, mixology, music fashion, negativity, recession, silhouette, spring summer, top models, traditional ensembles, winter season, york london