Jindal is the Republican Partys rising star, says GOP SenatorNovember 25th, 2008 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov.25 (ANI): Louisianas 37-year-old governor Bobby Jindal is the rising star of the Republican Party, an unnamed senator of the party has said.
In an interview with the website Politico.com, the GOP senator also threw up the names of Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, Tim Pawlenty and Charlie Crist.
He rather forlornly said: I dont think we have learned much from the election in terms of what people want to see. We have the same gridlock.
We need someone who speaks from the center, he said, adding that Alaska Governor Sarah Palin was not the voice of the party.
We have to become much more attuned to the rhetoric and issues that Hispanics care about. We have to talk about education, family, and moral issues like gay marriage and abortion, he said.
Small government the mantra of the Republican Party ever since Ronald Reagan will not work anymore, the senator said.
John McCain was not a good messenger once you got past the issue of Iraq. He was a horrible messenger. Obama was never off message for one second, except maybe [when he met] Joe the Plumber. John was a very undisciplined politician running against a very disciplined politician, he said.
Over the next couple of years, we need to be pragmatists. Our battles should not be over ideology; they should be about getting things done, he concluded. (ANI)
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Santorum sweeps south; setback for Romney - Mar 14, 2012
- Romney picks up two big endorsements - Mar 30, 2012
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Mitt Romney clinches Republican nomination - May 30, 2012
- Romney, Huckabee are Republican Party's best White House bet - Feb 07, 2011
- Pawlenty becomes first GOP 2012 Presidential contender to announce intention to run - Mar 22, 2011
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney thumps Gingrich, regains momentum - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, bobby jindal, charlie crist, education family, gay marriage, gop senator, governor sarah palin, gridlock, hispanics, john mccain, mike huckabee, mitt romney, moral issues, newt gingrich, plumber john, pragmatists, rising star, ronald reagan, sarah palin, tim pawlenty