Jigisha’s Assault was Pre-PlannedMarch 24th, 2009 - 6:55 pm ICT by GD
In a new twist to the murder mystery of Jigisha Ghosh, the police revealed that it was a pre-planned case of robbery and the assailants murdered Jigisha, a 28-year old manager of a BPO company after they forced her to reveal her ATM card identification number. The police arrived at this theory after scanning the CCTV footage inside the ATM from where the assailants had withdrawn cash and after talking to Ghosh’s friends and colleagues.
The police said that the assailants were waiting for Ms. Ghosh in her CPWD colony when she was dropped home on the night of March 17. Three suspects have been detained and the assailants had withdrawn Rs. 25,000 from two ATMs where Ghosh had her account. They then drove towards Bhatkal Lake in Faridabad to dump her body. The police said they were looking at the case from different angles including personal rivalry. Ghosh’s body was found at Bhatkal Lake on March 20.
A security guard working in Ghosh’s company may have alerted the assailants about her drop-off timings. He is currently absconding.
According to reports, Ghosh was talking on her mobile phone till 4:25 am after being dropped home. But the cab driver, her colleague and the security guard inside the cab said she seemed to have walked to her first floor flat. But Ghosh was possibly downstairs on her phone still when she was attacked.
The suspects arrested by the police revealed that the assailants had forced Ghosh into a car and drove off towards Mahipalpur where they withdrew Rs. 20,000 from an ATM and another Rs. 5000 from an ATM in Saket at 7 am. Sources in the police reveal that the murder could have taken place between the two transactions. Then they returned to shop for another Rs. 77,000 with her credit card.
The police raided various places in and around Delhi looking for the assailants.
- Jigisha was desperate to live for aged parents: Police - Apr 09, 2009
- Robbery motive for call-centre employee's murder - Mar 23, 2009
- Killers of Soumya, Jigisha arrested, claim police (Third Lead) - Mar 24, 2009
- Police arrest four men, say they were behind Vishwanathan, Ghosh murders (Second Lead) - Mar 24, 2009
- Police claim to have found Soumya and Jigisha's killers (Lead) - Mar 24, 2009
- Four arrested for murders of working women in capital (Roundup) - Mar 24, 2009
- Soumya, Jigisha murder cases solved, four held - Mar 24, 2009
- Some of the most sensational crimes of the year (Flashback 2009) - Dec 22, 2009
- Plea of prime accused in journalist murder case dismissed - Sep 14, 2010
- Three caught for cheating ATM users - Apr 25, 2011
- BPO employee robbed in Noida - Oct 09, 2010
- ATM card racket busted - Jan 13, 2012
- Two youth held for ATM theft - Mar 06, 2011
- Man robbed off after asking for lift - Jan 21, 2011
- Police asked to be vigilant about women's safety - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: angles, assailants, atm card, atms, bhatkal, cab driver, colleague, colleagues, credit card, faridabad, march 17, mobile phone, murder mystery, new twist, personal rivalry, robbery, saket, security guard