Jharkhand town mob ransacks army postNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:14 am ICT by admin
“At least 300-350 army men came and bundled us in a corner and trained their guns at us like terrorists. They vandalised the place where a fire ritual was in progress, smashed bulbs and destroyed microphones,” said Mukesh Yadav, one of the ten caretakers.
When the public came to know about the incident, they ransacked the army post. Protesters also blocked the traffic on the two national highways.
The army’s claim that the land belongs to them has been rejected.
The police has initiated an inquiry into the incident, said Veenukant Homekar, the district Superintendent of Police.
The temple is being constructed again. (ANI)
- Sun god idol desecrated in Jharkhand - Jul 07, 2010
- Police clueless on Jharkhand idol theft - Jul 03, 2010
- 39 temples on government land face demolition - Aug 27, 2010
- 1,865 Jharkhand religious structures face demolition - Aug 29, 2010
- Maoists torch two vehicles in Jharkhand - Oct 30, 2010
- Violence in Bhopal demolition drive, dozens injured (Second Lead) - May 21, 2011
- Two lynched in Jharkhand - Sep 02, 2011
- 105 years after quake, Himachal temple rebuilt - Jan 06, 2012
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 27, 2010
- Sikhs have faced over 700 attacks since 9/11 - Aug 06, 2012
- Villagers clash with police in Noida - Sep 10, 2012
- Five landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Dec 16, 2011
- Protest against land acquisition in Jharkhand turns violent - Jul 05, 2012
- He begs - to help impoverished women marry - Nov 28, 2010
- IT raids in Punjab to check onion hoarding - Jan 07, 2011