Jharkhand tailor prepares a shirt for your entire familyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:23 am ICT by admin
The 20-feet shirt long shirt is made of a 100-metre cloth. So much so, in its breast pocket three kids and two adults can easily be ‘at home’. The collar is so big that a stout person can easily squat between the flaps.
Thirty seven-year-old Mehtab used to spend four hours a day for six days to prepare the giant shirt while running a tailoring shop-Kashmir Tailors–here.
“I have made the shirt using 100 metres of cloth. It took me four hours a day for six days to finish the task. It’s a dream with which I earn myself name and fame. Just that I am not well-off, else I would have made a 100-metre shirt,” said Mehtab.
Mehtab, who wants to be known all around for his creativity, laboured meticulously with needles and thread and was assisted by Mehboob Alam.
“I wish he (Mehtab Alam) becomes very famous. I shall pray for him. Look at the size of the shirt, it is so enormous. I am sure this is the first ever attempt world over. His name should be registered in the Guinness Book of Records and the Limca Book of Records,” said, Mehboob Alam.
Had novelist Jonathan Swift been alive, he would have probably hailed Mehtab Alam’s mastery in stitching clothes for the Barbadians, the giants encountered by Gulliver during his travels. (ANI)
- Raymond to open tailoring academies across India - Jun 14, 2012
- Jharkhand mine floods, one killed (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Miners trapped in Jharkhand - Aug 28, 2012
- Three LIC officials killed in road accident - Aug 28, 2010
- ‘Gulliver’s Travels’ Movie Preview: Christmas Treat For Children - Dec 23, 2010
- Olympics athletics: Bolt, Blake headlines semi-finalists for 100m - Aug 05, 2012
- Gulliver’s Travels Review: Why Is This A Christmas Disappointment? - Dec 24, 2010
- Legislator tears own shirt in Jharkhand assembly - Sep 03, 2012
- Worker falls to death in Bokaro power plant boiler - Apr 20, 2010
- Powell issues warning to Bolt by winning in Hungary - Jul 31, 2011
- Blake warns Bolt with convincing 100m win - May 11, 2012
- 'Pocket money bras' for 8-yr-olds in UK - Mar 14, 2011
- ‘Gulliver’s Travels’ Movie Review: A Very Disappointing Journey - Dec 31, 2010
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: breast pocket, giant, guinness book of records, gulliver, i am not well, jharkhand, jonathan swift, limca book of records, meticulously, six days, sleepy town, small time, tailor, tailoring shop, three kids