Jharkhand Police launch a mass campaign to counter Maoist influenceDecember 27th, 2010 - 8:14 pm ICT by ANI
Gumla (Jharkhand), Dec 27 (ANI): Jharkhand Police launched a mass awareness campaign here to enlighten the villagers about the misconceived objectives of the Maoists so that they do not get influenced by the ideology of the ultras.
The motive of the campaign, which began in Jharkhand’s Gumla District on Sunday, is to unleash the real face of Maoism.
The local police tried to portray the real picture in front of the villagers through a street play.
Praveen, a local youngster said that people got inspired from the play and came to know the real face of Maoism.
“This campaign has been started by government. The play based on Anti Maoist operation has portrayed that today youngsters have morally digressed. Today youngsters are going towards Maoism to improve their life but instead they are devastating it,” said Praveen, a local youth.
Villagers also took active part in the campaign.
The play portrayed how Maoists mislead innocent villagers and target them to get involve into Maoist activities.
Aamsi Hussain, Inspector of Police, said the ultras who wish to return back to the mainstream of society are most welcome and also disclosed that the government has earmarked cash incentives for them to shun violence.
“We have done this programme to aware the people of this area. We were quite successful in it and good message has reached to the people. We wanted to give this message through street play that how people who have joined terrorist group can come back to the society. We have rehabilitation center in our state. Any terrorist can surrender with weapons,” said Hussain.
On their part, the locals appreciated the play and came to the conclusion that Maoism can do no good to anyone. (ANI)
- Maoist rivalry kills four in Jharkhand - May 16, 2011
- Two Maoists among six killed in Jharkhand - Dec 08, 2011
- Six held for killing nine in Jharkhand - Jan 12, 2011
- Maoist threat emerging in Assam: Pillai - Feb 13, 2012
- Police-public meet organized for cordial relations in Maoist infested Jharkhand village - Jun 08, 2010
- Don't divide people into pro, anti-Maoist supporters: Apex court - May 06, 2011
- Five Maoists held in Jharkhand - Jun 08, 2010
- Maoists kill three youths, torch bus in Jharkhand - Jan 31, 2011
- Maoists blow up school in Jharkhand - Jun 07, 2011
- Maoists kill father, son in Jharkhand - Sep 06, 2010
- Maoists kill groom, four more (Lead) - May 15, 2011
- One Maoist killed, two held in Jharkhand - Sep 17, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2011
- Jharkhand Police reach out to locals to combat Maoists - Sep 10, 2010
- Maoists burn down tractor, machinery in Jharkhand - Mar 11, 2010
Tags: awareness campaign, cash incentives, conclusion, innocent villagers, locals, mainstream, maoism, maoist, maoists, motive, rehabilitation center, terrorist group, ultras, violence, weapons, youngster, youngsters