Jharkhand High Court to hear Raj Thackeray’’s petitionNovember 14th, 2008 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
Ranchi, Nov.14 (ANI): The Jharkhand High Court is hearing a plea from Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) President Raj Thackeray to transfer a complaint case from a Jamshedpur court to Mumbai.
The petition had been filed last month after a case was filed against Thackeray in June this year for insulting religious beliefs.
Jamshedpur judicial magistrate A K Tiwari has already issued an arrest warrant against Thackeray after he failed to appear before it. This forced him to move the high court for transfer of the case from Jamshedpur to Mumbai. The High Court had adjourned the hearing on October 24th.
Thackeray is faced with seven complaint cases, including four in Jamshedpur and three in Jharkhand (Jamtara, Garwah and Dhanbad) for his anti-north Indian accusations and attacks on them by MNS activists. (ANI)
- Raj Thackeray arrested after surrender in Mumbai court - Nov 15, 2008
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Court seeks report on plea against Raj Thackeray - Sep 13, 2012
- Jharkhand High Court rejects Raj Thackeray's case transfer plea - Dec 22, 2008
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Fodder scam: Petition filed to make Nitish Kumar an accused - Sep 07, 2012
- Raj arrested, freed on bail (Second Lead) - Nov 15, 2008
- Defamation complaint against Rahul Gandhi - Nov 15, 2011
- Jharkhand court rejects Raj Thackeray plea - Nov 19, 2008
- Raj Thackeray gets bail in rioting cases, hours after surrender - Feb 25, 2010
- Bihar court issues non-bailable warrant against Raj Thackeray - Dec 03, 2009
- Barred from Shivaji Park, MNS threatens street rally - Feb 03, 2012
- Jharkhand court issues notice on Raj Thackeray - Feb 18, 2009
- Jamshedpur court sends warrant for Raj Thackeray - Oct 20, 2008
- Two arrest warrants pending against Raj Thackeray in Jharkhand - Oct 21, 2008