Jharkhand court warns Raj Thackeray about seizure of propertyFebruary 18th, 2009 - 7:39 pm ICT by ANI
Ranchi, Feb 18 (ANI): Maharashtra Navnirman Sena Chief Raj Thackeray, an accused in a case related to the hurting of sentiments of north Indians, was warned by a Jharkhand court that his property would be attached if he failed to appear before the court by April 2.
Judicial Magistrate Anil Kumar of the Jamshedpur District Court heard a petition filed by lawyer Sudhir Kumar Pappu that blamed Thackeray for promoting violence against North Indians in Maharashtra and issued a notice to the Maharashtra Police to act against Thackeray promptly.
The same court had earlier issued a non-bailable warrant against the MNS leader when he failed to appear in court despite a warrant being served on him.
Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi has permitted the prosecution of Thackeray in connection with the case. (ANI)
- Jharkhand court issues notice on Raj Thackeray - Feb 18, 2009
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Two arrest warrants pending against Raj Thackeray in Jharkhand - Oct 21, 2008
- Raj Thackeray publicity-hungry: Nitish Kumar - Sep 02, 2012
- Bihar court issues non-bailable warrant against Raj Thackeray - Dec 03, 2009
- Jharkhand High Court rejects Raj Thackeray's case transfer plea - Dec 22, 2008
- Raj Thackeray arrested after surrender in Mumbai court - Nov 15, 2008
- Jharkhand court rejects Raj Thackeray plea - Nov 19, 2008
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- 10,000 Mumbai autorickshaw permit holders agree to electronic meters - Oct 05, 2011
- Court issues warrant against Raj Thackeray - Jun 13, 2008
- Raj Thackeray secures bail after arrest (Lead) - Nov 15, 2008
- Jamshedpur court sends warrant for Raj Thackeray - Oct 20, 2008
- Jharkhand High Court to hear Raj Thackeray''s petition - Nov 14, 2008
- Raj arrested, freed on bail (Second Lead) - Nov 15, 2008