Jharkhand court rejects Koda’s bail pleaMay 14th, 2010 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
Ranchi, May 14 (ANI): A special vigilance court rejected a bail petition of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda here on Friday.
Koda is currently in judicial custody.
He was arrested on November 30, 2009 in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
Judge Binoy Kant Khan has dismissed the petition filed by Koda.
Koda’s arrest came following a report filed by social worker Durga Oraon.
Oraon moved vigilance cell accusing Koda and some of his ex-cabinet members of acquiring wealth beyond their known sources of income.
He has also named former Jharkhand ministers–Enos Ekka, Harinarayan Rai and Kamlesh Singh.
All of these are under judicial custody along with Koda.
Koda is also facing illegal investment and money laundering charges running into several crores of rupees.
The Income Tax (IT) Department and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) are jointly investigating the case.
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court has stayed vigilance and enforcement inquiries against Binod Kumar, a businessman alleged to be involved along with Koda in the Rs 2,000-crore hawala and illegal investments scam.
A three judge Bench of the apex court also issued notice to the Jharkhand Government in this regard.
The order came on a petition filed by Kumar challenging the Jharkhand High Court’s refusal, through separate orders passed from May 2009 to April 2010, to delete his name from the list of accused persons under investigation for their suspected roles in the scam and their disproportionate assets. (ANI)
- CBI takes over Koda scam probe - Aug 12, 2010
- Money laundering charges filed against two ex-ministers - Jan 10, 2011
- CBI sleuths probing Koda's scam cases to get security - Aug 16, 2010
- CBI probe ordered against Koda in assets case - Aug 04, 2010
- IT, ED not cooperating in Koda scam probe, says Jharkhand - Feb 06, 2010
- Jharkhand asked to give security to Koda scam petitioner - Sep 06, 2010
- Court asks CBI to trace PIL mover in Koda scam - Aug 31, 2010
- Koda, ex-cabinet colleagues in jail on corruption charges (Lead) - Dec 01, 2009
- Former Jharkhand minister gets bail in graft case - Dec 13, 2010
- BJP upset as Jharkhand refuses CBI probe against Koda - Jan 29, 2010
- Enforcement Directorate files chargesheet against Koda - Mar 04, 2011
- Koda's bail plea rejected - Jul 02, 2010
- Koda scam: Jharkhand ready for CBI probe if court wants - Feb 04, 2010
- Two hawala traders linked to Koda money laundering scam nabbed - Aug 12, 2010
- Ex Jharkhand minister has assets 579 percent of income! - Jan 27, 2012
Tags: apex court, bail plea, binod, binoy, cabinet members, case judge, chief minister, crores, ekka, enforcement directorate, jharkhand government, jharkhand high court, judicial custody, kamlesh, koda, money laundering charges, rs 2, rupees, social worker, vigilance cell