Jethmalani to challenge Geelani’s house arrestAugust 4th, 2012 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Aug 4 (IANS) Former union law minister and senior counsel Ram Jethmalani has decided to challenge in the Supreme Court the continued house arrest of separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani, a close aide of the senior hardline leader said Saturday.
Jethmalani called on Geelani at his uptown Hyderpora residence here Saturday.
Talking to IANS, Geelani’s close aide Ayaz Akbar said: “Ram Jethmalani told Geelani Sahib that he will be challenging the continued house arrest in the Supreme Court.”
“Ram Jethmalani is defending one of our senior leaders, Gulam Muhammad Bhat, who is being tried in a special court in Delhi.
“The chargesheet against Bhat Sahib says he was arrested in ‘Fauwara Chowk’ in Bemina locality of Srinagar, whereas there is no place by this name in Bemina,” Akbar said.
“Ram Jethmalani is visiting Bemina Saturday afternoon to ascertain the facts to prepare Bhat’s defence,” he added.
- Ramdev fighting for India's stolen property: Jethmalani - Jun 02, 2011
- Geelani under house arrest - Jun 10, 2011
- Geelani under house arrest in Srinagar - Jun 17, 2011
- Only dialogue can solve Kashmir problem: Jethmalani - Jun 02, 2011
- Kashmiri separatist leaders still under house arrest - Aug 06, 2011
- Geelani claims security forces could harm him, police seek proof - Nov 14, 2011
- Geelani, Mirwaiz placed under house arrest - May 27, 2011
- Geelani, Shabir Shah placed under house arrest - Jul 29, 2011
- Rumours on Geelani's health during a mock drill - Mar 30, 2012
- Geelani to lead funeral prayers for Osama in Kashmir - May 06, 2011
- Geelani placed under house arrest in Srinagar - Mar 04, 2011
- Separatist shutdown, heavy snowfall hit life in Srinagar - Jan 15, 2011
- Geelani's shutdown call hits life in Srinagar - Jun 11, 2011
- Geelani arrested, dozens injured in Valley clashes (Night Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- Geelani prevented from visiting south Kashmir - May 13, 2011