Jenny McCarthy slams Amanda Peet over vaccine-parasite commentOctober 1st, 2008 - 2:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 1 (ANI): American actress Amanda Peet has earned herself the ire of American model Jenny McCarthy for her comments regarding parents who choose not to have their children vaccinated.
In a recently interview, Peet had referred to parents who did not choose to vaccinate their children as parasites.
Though she later tried to make amends by apologizing to parents of autistic children who believe that vaccines may have caused the illness, the apology did not make any impression on McCarthy, who has a six-year-old son suffering from autism.
She (Peet) has a lot of [nerve] to come forward and be on that side, because there is an angry mob on my side, and I like the fact that I can say she’’s completely wrong, Fox News quoted McCarthy as having told Spectrum magazine.
I look at (Peet) now and say to myself, That was me before I had autism in my life, and until she walks in our shoes, she really has no idea, McCarthy added.
Besides McCarthy, the national autism advocacy group Autism United has also expressed anger at Peets comment, and called for a boycott of all of the actresss movies.
We want to send a clear message to her, the organizations Executive Director John Gilmore told Pop Tarts in a statement.
Ms. Peet’’s comments are deplorable and an apology will not suffice. We applaud Jenny McCarthy’’s continued efforts and for speaking up for our community, he added.
McCarthy and her long-time lover Jim Carrey have continued their crusade this past summer, and led a rally of thousands in Washington, D.C., to put pressure on the federal government to remove toxins from vaccines and fight for fewer childhood vaccinations prior to the age of two. (ANI)
- McCarthy's son misses Carrey - Jun 07, 2012
- Jenny McCarthy shuts school for autistic children - Apr 10, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy closes down her school for autistic children - Apr 14, 2010
- Jason Toohey Dating Jenny McCarthy - Oct 18, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy splits from boyfriend - Aug 17, 2012
- Jenny McCarthy loves Botox - Apr 28, 2012
- Jim Carrey, Jenny McCarthy announce split on Twitter - Apr 07, 2010
- Jim Carrey: Love Beckons! - Jan 15, 2011
- Jason and Jenny dating - Aug 18, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy looking for mystery man she kissed on a night out - May 11, 2010
- McCarthy to strip for Playboy again - May 19, 2012
- McCarthy parties following split - Aug 20, 2012
- Jim Carrey moving on from Jenny McCarthy split - Oct 07, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy: Dating Jason Toohey, Writes Racy Romance - Oct 19, 2010
- Jim Carey teaches acting to girlfriend's son - Dec 08, 2009
Tags: advocacy group, amanda peet, american actress, american model, angry mob, apology, autism advocacy, director john, fox news, jenny mccarthy, jim carrey, john gilmore, lot of nerve, lover jim, parasite, parents of autistic children, pop tarts, spectrum magazine, time lover, vaccines