Jennifer Hudsons Hollywood pals in shock after her family tragedyOctober 28th, 2008 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, October 28 (ANI): Friends of Jennifer Hudson have expressed their grief over the brutal murders of the singers mother and brother, while her seven-year-old nephew went missing after the incident.
The Oscar winner, whose family was slain in their Chicago residence, has received support from friends both within and outside the industry.
While close pal Pinkett-Smith couldnt bring herself to talk about the tragedy, Hudsons American Idol companions too were devastated after hearing the gruesome news.
Its just a huge shock; I think the whole country was shocked. It was one of those things that if you lose mother thats terribly sad but to lose your mother in that way where shes murdered is just horrific,” Fox News quoted American Idol s former Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe as telling Pop Tarts.
Fellow singer Taraji P. Henson also remembered Hudson and her family in her prayers, hoping that the 27-year-old would find enough strength to pull herself through the trying times.
She said: “Jennifer, I know what it is to lose a close family member I lost my father to liver cancer and I cannot imagine what you could be going through right now,”
But my prayers, my thoughts are with you. I just pray to God that you find the strength to get through this. (ANI)
- Bollywood mourns Vilasrao Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Lopez threw no diva tantrums: 'American Idol' producer - Aug 15, 2010
- Cowell teams up with Pinkett-Smith for TV show - Jan 27, 2012
- Nigel Lythgoe Returns As 'American Idol' Executive Producer - Aug 06, 2010
- Taraji P Henson Does Naked PETA Anti-Fur Ad - Jan 28, 2011
- Lee DeWyze decision not to present Idol trophy shocks all - May 28, 2011
- American Idol: Georgia Girl Lauren Alaina "The One"? - Jan 28, 2011
- Jennifer Hudson finally opens up about the murders of her family members - Jun 30, 2010
- Actor Charlie Sheen is 'up for American Idol' - Jul 11, 2012
- Anthony, Smith are still friends - Sep 18, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez to return as judge on American Idol - Aug 11, 2011
- Lopez quits 'American Idol' - Jul 14, 2012
- Have Will Smith & Jada Pinkett split? - Aug 23, 2011
- Jennifer Hudson returns to television - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: american idol, brutal murders, chicago residence, companions, executive producer, family member, family tragedy, fox news, grief, hollywood pals, jennifer hudson, jennifer hudsons, liver cancer, nephew, Nigel Lythgoe, oscar winner, pop tarts, singers, taraji p henson, trying times