Jennifer Hudsons brother-in-law innocent of murders, claims his lawyerDecember 3rd, 2008 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, December 3 (ANI): William Balfour, the prime suspect in the family murders of actress Jennifer Hudson, is innocent, claims his lawyer.
Hudsons estranged brother-in-law had been arrested on charges of first-degree killings of the Oscar-winners mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.
The delay between the crimes and his actual arrest show weaknesses in the case. This case is not a strong case against William. He is a convenient suspect, People magazine quoted attorney Joshua Kutnick as saying.
Balfour, who had remained in custody on a parole violation, had been shifted to Chicago police custody after the cops had served a warrant for his arrest.
The 27-year-old was said to have had regular screaming rows with Hudson’’s sister, Julia, over matters involving money and infidelities, as per the family members and neighbours.
Jennifers mother and brother had been found shot dead on October 24 in their Chicago residence while the body of her seven-year-old nephew was discovered three days later in an abandoned car in Chicago. (ANI)
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Jealousy over ex wifes new romance behind Hudson family murders? - Dec 04, 2008
- Jennifer Hudsons bother-in-law arrested in her slain family case - Dec 02, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson suspect to remain in custody till Dec 3 - Nov 11, 2008
- Hudson murder suspect granted permission to move jails - Jan 29, 2009
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Relative indicted in killing of Jennifer Hudson's family - Dec 31, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson heads back to work after family tragedy - Dec 11, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson killings suspect indicted for murder - Dec 31, 2008
- Cops have just three days left to charge Hudsons murder suspect - Nov 08, 2008
- Hudson returns to work after family tragedy - Dec 10, 2008
- Police find boy's body in Hudson triple murder case - Oct 28, 2008
- Police searching for actress Jennifer Hudson's nephew in murder case - Oct 26, 2008
Tags: actress jennifer, chicago police, chicago residence, family murders, first degree, infidelities, jennifer hudson, jennifer hudsons, joshua, killings, neighbours, nephew, october 24, oscar winners, parole violation, people magazine, police custody, prime suspect, sister julia, william balfour