Jennifer Hudson suspect to remain in custody till Dec 3November 11th, 2008 - 4:30 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, November 11 (ANI): Prime suspect in the family murders of actress Jennifer Hudson is to remain in custody on a parole violation while officers continue to be on the look out for more evidence.
The police had arrested William Balfour, the estranged husband of the Oscar winner’’s sister Julia, in October suspecting his involvement in the murders of Hudson’’s mother, brother and seven-year-old nephew.
Balfour had been presented before the Illinois State Parole Review Board on November 10 to establish if there was enough evidence to charge him with slayings or a violation, reports Contactmusic.
As per the chairman of the Illinois Parole Review Board, Balfour is to remain behind bars after his girlfriend claimed she saw him with an “identical to the gun recovered by the Chicago police near the body of the murdered child” - days before the murders.
The jury members ruled they had “probable cause to keep Mr. Balfour until December 3″ until the case was completely reviewed along with another re-examination of the evidence against Balfour.
The ”Dreamgirls” star’’s mother and brother were found shot dead on October 24 in their Chicago residence while the body of the singer’’s nephew was discovered three days later in an abandoned car in Chicago. (ANI)
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Cops have just three days left to charge Hudsons murder suspect - Nov 08, 2008
- Hudsons family funeral set for November 3 - Nov 01, 2008
- Hudson murder suspect granted permission to move jails - Jan 29, 2009
- Cops find probable murder weapon in Hudson case - Nov 01, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson to open up about family tragedy - Jun 29, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Jennifer Hudsons brother-in-law innocent of murders, claims his lawyer - Dec 03, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson heads back to work after family tragedy - Dec 11, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson says family's murders were "all a blur, surreal" - Jun 30, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson trying to move on after family tragedy - Jan 17, 2009
- A child missing, two killed at Jennifer Hudson's Home - Oct 25, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson cant enter house where her family was killed - Nov 03, 2008
Tags: actress jennifer, chicago police, chicago residence, dreamgirls, family murders, girlfriend, illinois state, jennifer hudson, jury members, nephew, november 11, october 24, oscar winner, parole violation, prime suspect, probable cause, sister julia, slayings, state parole, william balfour