JD(U) lawmakers resign in protest over MNS attacks on North IndiansNovember 7th, 2008 - 8:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov.7 (ANI): Five parliamentarians of Nitish Kumar-led Janata Dal-United party from Bihar have resigned from Lok Sabha as a mark of protest against attacks by hooligans of Raj Thackeray’’s Maharashtra Navanirmana Sena (MNS) on people of north Indian origin in Mumbai and Nashik.
This was announced by the aggrieved MPs in New Delhi today.
“We have resigned from Lok Sabha today as we condemn the UPA Government’’s policy of not taking any action against the guilty. North Indians,especially from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, are killed by MNS people, but instead of stopping them, it seems the Central Government and the Vilasrao Deshmukh Government are supporting them,” claimed Prabhunath Singh.
The JD (U), which is heading the Government in Bihar, had announced last week that its MPs from Lok Sabha would resign after the Chhath Puja, which concluded on Wednesday.
The party has demanded action against Raj Thackeray, a judicial enquiry into the violence against North Indians in the last two years in Maharashtra and a CBI probe into the killing of two North Indian youngsters. (ANI)
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- JD-U Lok Sabha members to resign over MNS attacks - Nov 06, 2008
- Raj Thackeray renews attack on north Indian immigrants - Oct 04, 2011
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Raj Thackeray drops protest against Bihar Day event - Apr 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray again attacks north Indian migrants - Jul 18, 2011
- Raj Thackeray attacks Maharashtra government on toll tax - Jun 12, 2012
- Nashik will have MNS mayor: Raj Thackeray - Feb 19, 2012
- Mumbai Congress MP Nirupam stirs hornet's nest - Oct 24, 2011
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- Tie up with MNS only after Shiv Seva's nod: BJP - Mar 04, 2011
- Now, Raj Thackeray also snubs Gopinath Munde - Feb 16, 2011
- MNS activists attack toll posts across Maharashtra - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: bihar, cbi probe, central government, hooligans, indian origin, indians, jd, judicial enquiry, lawmakers, Lok Sabha, maharashtra, mns, mps, mumbai, New Delhi, parliamentarians, puja, raj thackeray, vilasrao deshmukh, youngsters