JD (U) MLA Anant Singh gets bailNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:14 am ICT by admin
The court had directed the police to produce the case diary and the injury report in connection with the assault on NDTV correspondent Prakash Singh and cameraperson Habib Ali.
The court also issued a warrant for production of the MLA in connection with an assault case separately lodged by Asian News International (ANI) cameraperson Ajay Kumar.
Anant Singh, who was lodged in Beur Jail at Patna, had moved the CJM’s court for bail in the two cases.
All three were assaulted by Anant Singh and four of his associates after they had gone to the politician’s residence for a reaction in connection to allegations that he had raped and murdered a young woman.
Popularly known as Chhote Sarkar, Anant Singh is the JD (U) legislator from Mokama town.
He was elected to the State Assembly for the first time from Mokama in 2005, when he defeated Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) MP Surajbhan Singh’s brother Lallan.
Anant Singh, considered close to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, faces over 32 cases of murder, extortion and kidnapping in Barh and Mokama region, besides three in Patna.
He is said to have control over acres of land in Tal area of Mokama and Barh. It is believed he has amassed huge property in urban areas as well.
In 2004, Singh was seen brandishing an AK-56 rifle at a function in his ancestral village, Nadma. But no action was taken against him. (ANI)
- Anant Singh's bail petition comes for hearing today - Nov 14, 2007
- Two JD-U candidates haven't aged since 2005 - Oct 26, 2010
- Bihar shutdown successful, says Rabri Devi (lead: Bihar shutdown - Nov 14, 2007
- RJD calls for 12-hour Bihar shutdown today - Nov 14, 2007
- Shutdown affects normal life in Bihar - Nov 14, 2007
- Bihar legislator murder: Court grants bail to editor - Apr 28, 2011
- Bihar court acquits 11 Nepali Maoist leaders - Feb 03, 2012
- Bihar legislator's murder: Graver charges against teacher - Aug 09, 2011
- Bihar legislator's murder: Charges framed against teacher - Jun 10, 2011
- Bihar police officer says legislator a threat to peaceful polls - Mar 30, 2009
- Bihar court seeks arrest of 11 Nepali Maoist leaders - Sep 15, 2011
- Jailed don throws lavish party for fellow inmates - Apr 05, 2009
- JD-U leader shot dead in Bihar - Aug 30, 2011
- Ajit Sarkar murder case: Supreme Court asks CBI to arrest Pappu Yadav - Aug 06, 2010
- Supreme Court quashes bail granted to Pappu Yadav - May 03, 2010