Jayalalithaa to move court for protectionNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:25 am ICT by admin
“It was due to God’s grace that I escaped yesterday,” Jayalalithaa today remarked at a press conference here, and questioned, “Will anyone seeking job come straight to the first floor of my house? How did the police personnel posted on security duty admitted him in?”
She termed the Tuesday’s incident as a ’sinister occurrence’, and indirectly hinted to a conspiracy launched by her political rival, the ruling DMK.
“I (have) came to know that Chief Minister M Karunanidhi had recently advised his son and heir apparent M K Stalin to keep the present alliance intact till the next Assembly elections,” she said.
Quoting her sources, Jayalalithaa claimed that Karunanidhi told his son, “If by any chance, you allow her (Jayalalithaa) to come back to power, you may have to suffer.”
“To which Stalin replied that it is to happen only if she is alive at the time of next elections,” Jayalalithaa added.
Jayalalithaa was provided with ‘Z’ plus security by the previous NDA Government in view of perceived threat to her life from Tamil extremist groups. (ANI)
- Sasikala meets Jayalalithaa at her residence - Apr 03, 2012
- Sasikala says she wants to serve Jayalalithaa - Mar 28, 2012
- Jayalalithaa revokes disciplinary action against Sasikala - Mar 31, 2012
- Jayalalithaa sacks confidant Sasikala & Co (Night Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Jayalalithaa sacks two more Sasikala relatives from AIADMK - Dec 22, 2011
- Stalin's remarks on Jayalalithaa not derogatory, says DMK - Apr 12, 2011
- Jayalalithaa dubs illegal assets' case politically motivated - Nov 24, 2011
- Sasikala's removal from Poes Garden may be permanent: Commentators - Dec 20, 2011
- Jayalalithaa has no right to talk of law and order: DMK - Apr 03, 2011
- Karunanidhi, Jayalalithaa lead - May 13, 2011
- Jayalalithaa sacks long-time confidant Sasikala (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Jayalalithaa removes Sasikala, others from AIADMK - Dec 19, 2011
- AIADMK will decide next PM candidate, says Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Sasikala's brother arrested in Tamil Nadu - Feb 03, 2012
- Tie-up with Congress stays but no new ministers: DMK (Fourth Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
Tags: assembly elections, chief minister, conspiracy, dmk, extremist groups, heir apparent, intruder, karunanidhi, move court, nda government, occurrence, political rival, press conference, seeking job, stalin, tamil