Jayalalithaa criticizes Congress for supporting DMKFebruary 19th, 2009 - 10:34 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Feb 19 (ANI): All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) chief J. Jayalalithaa on Thursday criticized the Congress for supporting Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) describing their alliance leading to a spoiling of image for Congress during upcoming elections.
Approaching parliamentary elections are going to be testing time for DMK and its allying parties. Congress will be spoiling its image in the state for supporting DMK. This time DMK will be taught a lesson by people. People are going to reject them. So if Congress wants to safeguard its image in the State, it must end up its relations with DMK, said Jayalalithaa, the former Tamil Nadu chief minister.
Jayalalithaa while addressing a public meeting after a mass marriage ceremony organised by her party termed the DMK ruled Tamil Nadu government as corrupt and said it had caused retardation of progress of Tamil Nadu.
AIADMK chief opted to reminiscence the cordial relations between the Congress and her party when Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi were in power.
She warned Congress to be caught in the quicksand like the DMK if it did not leave its stand to support the ruling party. (ANI)
- Vaiko slams Congress for links with DMK despite corruption charges. - Feb 24, 2011
- AIADMK wins Pudukottai by-election in Tamil Nadu - Jun 15, 2012
- Presidential poll voting ends in Puducherry, still on in Tamil Nadu - Jul 19, 2012
- Election Commission acting against DMK, alleges Alagiri - Apr 18, 2011
- TN polls: EC issues notice to Jayalalithaa, Vijayakanth - Apr 07, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Allies urge Vaiko to reconsider boycott - Mar 21, 2011
- AIADMK releases list of 160 candidates for TN polls - Mar 21, 2011
- Cabinet clears setting up of Legislative Council in Tamil Nadu - May 04, 2010
- Filing of nomination for TN, Puducherry and Kerala to end today - Mar 26, 2011
- Vaiko quits AIADMK alliance over seat sharing disagreement - Mar 20, 2011
- Jayalalithaa says DMK seat-sharing differences with Congress a 'farce' - Mar 10, 2011
- Jayalalithaa to take on DMK ahead of next year's assembly polls - Jul 21, 2010
- Tamil Nadu polls: Raja's brother arrested for 'bribing' voters - Apr 11, 2011
- Security tightened ahead of Tamil Nadu polls - Apr 12, 2011
- Textile Minister Dayanidhi Maran lauds Karunanidhi during poll campaign - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: aiadmk chief, chief minister jayalalithaa, congress, cordial relations, dmk, dravida munnetra kazhagam, India, indira gandhi, j jayalalithaa, marriage, marriage ceremony, parliamentary elections, quicksand, rajiv gandhi, reminiscence, ruling party, tamil nadu, testing time, upcoming elections