Javed Miandad set to join PCBOctober 23rd, 2008 - 4:07 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi , Oct 23 (ANI): PCB sources have revealed that former Pakistani Test skipper Javed Miandad will soon be absorbed in the Board in the position of a member of the governing board.
They confirmed that Miandad has agreed to become a governing body member in place of Ijaz Butt who is now the Chairman of the PCB.
Miandad will return to the board since he was forced to step down as coach in 2004 following Pakistan s loss in a home series against India , one official said and added that the chairman had been very keen to have Miandad on board and use his expertise. Miandad was a critic of the former PCB chief Nasim Ashraf who resigned in August.
Miandad also said that he was willing and eager to give his services to the Board. I have never had problems giving my service to Pakistan cricket and I will like to help out the board in any capacity as long as my role is a productive one, the Daily Times quoted Miandad as saying.
PCBs governing body is due to meet in the third week of November under the chairmanship of Butt. The Chairman had recently indicated that he would be introducing new faces as part of his team in next couple of days. (ANI)
- Zardari appoints close friend as PCB chief,Butt shown the door - Oct 12, 2011
- Miandad blasts PCB for shabby treatment of former cricketers - Sep 26, 2011
- Gilani to press for PCB chief Ijaz Butt's dismissal with Zardari - Nov 03, 2010
- Miandad hits back at PCB, says it is his duty to put Pak cricket on right track - Jul 10, 2010
- Miandad threatens to quit PCB - Feb 02, 2010
- PCB appoints Bari as interim COO - Sep 01, 2009
- Afridi comes out of retirement - Oct 18, 2011
- 'Shape up or ship out' ultimatum issued to beleaguered PCB boss Butt - Oct 04, 2010
- PCB must look beyond Miandad for Pak batting coach: Waqar - Apr 14, 2011
- "Priceless" Miandad denies being paid one million salary by PCB - Jan 24, 2010
- PCB in talks with two foreigners for Pak batting coach job: Butt - Apr 15, 2011
- Miandad suggests way to reform trouble-stricken PCB to Zardari - Sep 16, 2010
- PCB sacks chief operating officer Salim Altaf - Sep 01, 2009
- PCB chief Butt to seek extension for another term - Oct 16, 2010
- PCB chief Butt to seek Zardari's guidance on management crisis - Oct 15, 2010