Javadekar nominated BJP’s Rajya Sabha member from MaharashtraMarch 19th, 2008 - 9:12 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 19 (ANI): Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Prakash Javadekar has been nominated as the partys Rajya Sabha member from Maharashtra.
Javadekar, who is considered close to senior BJP leader L.K. Advani was born on January 30 1951. A devoted full time worker of the BJP since its inception in 1980, he is presently the partys spokesperson.
He was the executive chairman of the state planning board of Maharashtra during BJP-Shiv Sena rule from 1995-1999. He was able to get NGOs and experts to participate in the preparation of 10th Five-Year plan for Maharashtra.
He was elected to the State Legislature Council form 19902002 from Pune twice.
Javadekar was also the chairman of IT Task Force in Maharashtra. During his tenure, he formulated the states IT Policy.
He is the chairman of the NGO “Gram Shakti”, which has successfully completed watershed development project in 11 villages of Kolvan Valley in Pune District. The NGO has also completed a World Bank aided water scheme around Pune.
Before joining BJP, Javadekar was an ABVP activist and a student leader in Pune. (ANI)
- Opposition joins hands against Maharashtra government - May 12, 2011
- Maharashtra gears up for civic polls - Jan 04, 2012
- Opposition shocks Congress-NCP in Khadakwasla by-poll - Oct 17, 2011
- No decision on Modi campaigning for Maharashtra civic polls - Jan 14, 2012
- BJP eyeing Nashik mayor's post with MNS support - Feb 24, 2012
- NCP's revenge against BJP, retains Kej assembly seat - Jun 15, 2012
- Now, Raj Thackeray also snubs Gopinath Munde - Feb 16, 2011
- Pune bids tearful adieu to Anuj Bidve (Lead, changing dateline) - Jan 07, 2012
- There is consensus against government's Lokpal bill: BJP (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Hazare's crusade gets mass support in Himachal - Apr 08, 2011
- Gadkari supports Munde on tri-partite alliance - Feb 24, 2011
- BJP keen on MNS as part of alliance in Maharashtra - Mar 01, 2011
- Political leaders pay tribute to 'warm-hearted' Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Manmohan can't take decisions: BJP - May 31, 2012
- NGO contracts: Chhattisgarh minister criticised for irregularities - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, executive chairman, five year plan, inception, l k advwatershed development, maharashtra, ngo, ngos, prakash, pune district, rajya sabha member, shakti, spokesperson, state legislature, state planning board, student leader, time worker, water scheme