Jaswant Singh to contest LS polls from DarjeelingApril 3rd, 2009 - 4:18 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 3 (ANI): Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Jaswant Singh will contest from Darjeeling in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The announcement was made by party president Rajnath Singh in New Delhi.
On Thursday, party prime ministerial candidate L K Advani met Gorkhaland Janmukti Morcha (GJM) leaders and Jaswant Singh separately.
GJM candidate Dawa Sherpa had agreed to withdraw from the fray in favour of Jaswant Singh.
Recently, Jaswant Singh was caught on camera handing over money to a citizen during an election campaign in Rajasthan’s Barmer district. (ANI)
- GJM candidates only ones in fray in about half of GTA seats - Jul 12, 2012
- GJM's support to Trinamool won't affect ties: BJP - Apr 08, 2011
- Jaswant Singh files nomination from Darjeeling - Apr 09, 2009
- All CPI-M candidates pull out of Gorkhaland polls - Jul 12, 2012
- GJM faces heat from rival parties for strong-arm tactics - Jul 07, 2012
- Dialogue over formation of a separate Gorkhaland in right direction: Jaswant Singh - Dec 18, 2010
- After Telangana, Gorkhaland demand gets fillip (Lead) - Dec 11, 2009
- Gorkhaland demand brings Jaswant, Advani together - Dec 14, 2009
- Darjeeling Gorkhas hope hill council will get a nod - Mar 03, 2012
- 122 candidates file nominations for GTA polls - Jul 10, 2012
- BJP promises Gorkhaland, GJM joins NDA (Lead) - Apr 03, 2009
- Discussions with Chidambaram on separate Gorkhaland state positive: Roshan Giri - Jan 26, 2011
- Gorkha Janamukti Morcha to be part of NDA - Apr 03, 2009
- Madan Tamang's widow to contest from Darjeeling - Mar 30, 2011
- GJM joins NDA on Gorkhaland promise, but allies unhappy (Roundup) - Apr 03, 2009
Tags: barmer, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, citizen, dawa sherpa, election campaign, favour, gjm, jaswant singh, l k advani, Lok Sabha, money, New Delhi, party president, polls, prime ministerial candidate, rajasthan, rajnath singh, separately