Jaswant Singh, Sushma Swaraj win, Maneka Gandhi losesMay 16th, 2009 - 6:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 16 (ANI): Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders Jaswant Singh and Sushma Swaraj have won the Darjeeling and Vidisha parliamentary seats respectively, while another saffron party leader Maneka Gandhi lost the Aonla seat by 22,000 votes.
Congress leaders Priya Dutt and Sachin Pilot have won their respective seats in Mumbai North-Central and Ajmer.
In the mean time, Congress leader Renuka Gandhi has lost the Khammam seat.
Senior Congress leader Kamal Nath has won the Chhindwara parliamentary seat, while National Conference patron and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah won Srinagar seat.
In Tirupati, Praja Rajyam Party (PRP) chief and Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi has won, while former UN undersecretary general and Congress leader Shashi Tharoor won the Thiruvanathapuram seat by 95,000 votes..
Senior Janata Dal- Secular (JD-S) leader H. D. Devegowda has retained the Hassan Lok Sabha seat, while Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Akhilesh Yadav won the Kannauj seat by 1.11 lakh votes.
Independent candidate and former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda has won the Singhbhum Lok Sabha seat. (ANI)
- Maneka Gandhi wins in Aonla after re-counting - May 16, 2009
- Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters - Jun 12, 2012
- Dimple files nomination, plays 'bahu' card - Jun 05, 2012
- 'Kidnapped' man challenges Dimple Yadav's election to Lok Sabha - Sep 12, 2012
- Kannauj Lok Sabha bypoll is slated for June 24 - May 23, 2012
- Revolt within, but BJP defends Kushwaha induction - Jan 06, 2012
- BSP not to contest against Dimple - Jun 06, 2012
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012
- Maneka Gandhi wins from Aonla (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - May 16, 2009
- Botsa Satyanarayana to head Congress in Andhra - Jun 06, 2011
- Congress faces setback in Andhra, Trinamool wins UP bypoll (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav's wife to contest Kannauj by-election (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Did loud mouth ministers script Congress debacle in UP? - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: akhilesh yadav, bharatiya janata party, chiranjeevi, conference patron, congress leader, congress leaders, independent candidate, jaswant singh, kamal nath, Lok Sabha, maneka gandhi, parliamentary seat, parliamentary seats, praja, renuka, sachin pilot, saffron party, Samajwadi Party, shashi tharoor, time congress