Jaswant Singh files nomination from DarjeelingApril 9th, 2009 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
Siliguri, Apr 9 (ANI): Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Jaswant Singh on Thursday filed nomination from Darjeeling for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Jaswant Singh was accompanied by Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) president Bimal Gurung, his wife Sheetal Kumari and his secretary Colonel Bhawani Singh.
The GJM is supporting Jaswant Singh’s candidature and is now a part of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) after the BJP agreed to sympathetically consider its demand for Gorkhaland.
Jaswant Singh submitted his nomination papers at the office of the Sub-Divisional Officer, Darjeeling, B K Biswas.
Recently, Jaswant Singh was caught on camera handing over money to a citizen during an election campaign in Rajasthan’s Barmer district. (ANI)
- Gorkha group threatens indefinite Darjeeling shutdown - Jun 18, 2010
- Gorkhaland demand not a closed chapter: GJM - Jul 18, 2011
- Jaswant Singh files nomination from Darjeeling - Apr 09, 2009
- Shutdown by Gorkhas paralyses West Bengal's Darjeeling - Jun 19, 2010
- GJM activists now demand 'Gorkha Adivasi Pradesh' - May 31, 2010
- New state will be Gorkha Adivasi Pradesh, says Gurung - May 31, 2010
- Darjeeling accord an alarm signal: CPI-M - Jul 17, 2011
- Protest in Siliguri against formation of a separate Gorkhaland - Sep 07, 2010
- Trucks torched, Gorkhaland demand intensifies in Darjeeling (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- GJM leader Nicole Tamang flees from CID custody - Aug 22, 2010
- Madan Tamang's widow to contest from Darjeeling - Mar 30, 2011
- Darjeeling pact signed amid euphoria and protests (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2011
- Shutdown affects life in north Bengal towns - May 15, 2010
- New agency vital for Darjeeling people's identity: Gurung - Jul 18, 2011
- Jaswant arrives in Darjeeling to a rousing reception - Apr 07, 2009
Tags: barmer, bharatiya janata party, bhawani singh, bimal, bjp leader, candidature, citizen, colonel, divisional officer, election campaign, gjm, jaswant singh, kumari, lok sabha polls, money, national democratic alliance, nda, nomination papers, rajasthan, siliguri