Japanese brewers targeting women to boost salesJuly 27th, 2008 - 4:20 pm ICT by ANI
Tokyo, July 27 (ANI): Major Japanese brewers are turning to women in bid to overcome sluggish sales of alcoholic beverages.
Kirin Brewery Co, has recruited female employees to develop cocktails tailored for young women while Sapporo Breweries Ltd. has set up a team composed of seven women to create a new product.
Kirin President Senji Miyake said: The company will be in trouble unless women employees play an active role, which will help the company to be accepted by female customers.
Suntory Ltd has targeted womens magazines to place advertisements for its happoshu low-malt beer called Diet Nama (draft). A 350 cc can is priced at around 152 yen.
Sales of beer have been on the decline since brewers raised prices earlier this year.
Kirin Brewery Co started marketing two dogs cocktails in 350 cc cans on June 18, one called cassis navel in a pink can and another called salty bulldog in a green can for around 148 yen.
Sakurako Yoshino, 26, and Natsu Mori, 24, who are both in their third year with Kirin, developed the products.
The pair were given the assignment as the company wanted to come up with beers and cocktails that women of the same generation as Yoshino and Mori would enjoy.
I wanted to develop a product that would be more of a pleasure to look at and to taste than the products available, which emphasize osake (alcohol), Japan Today quoted Yoshino, as saying. (ANI)
- Dutch brewer beats Scottish company to claim world's strongest beer title - Jul 30, 2010
- Scottish brewer Brewdog have made the strongest Beer in the word - 'The End of History' - Jul 23, 2010
- Heineken announces $4.1 bn bid for Singapore brewer - Jul 21, 2012
- Alcohol unaffected by recession in Russia - Sep 18, 2010
- Mexican brewery produces first gay beer - Feb 17, 2011
- The beer hug: Bihar emerging as brewery hub - Jan 16, 2012
- 2.78 mn bottles of beer brewed in Tibet to enter US market - Oct 27, 2009
- Cobra Beer looks for tie-ups to expand India business - Jan 23, 2011
- Carlsberg opens fifth brewery in India - Dec 01, 2010
- Indian-owned brewery gets too frothy for Canadians (Lead) - Jan 19, 2010
- Indian-owned beer gets too frothy for Canadians - Jan 19, 2010
- 'Breakfast Beer' set to be launched in NZ horrifies alcohol watchdogs - Apr 04, 2011
- Japan unveils space beer'' that tastes heavenly, literally! - Dec 03, 2008
- Sale of liquor near film festival venue opposed - Nov 21, 2010
- Brit brewery unveils 'Windsor Knot' beer in honour of Royal wedding - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: alcoholic beverages, beers, bulldog, cocktails, female customers, japan today, japanese brewers, kirin brewery co, malt beer, miyake, natsu, navel, sapporo breweries ltd, senji, seven women, sluggish sales, suntory ltd, targeting women, two dogs, yoshino