Japanese Army Chief in India to boost defence tiesFebruary 14th, 2011 - 10:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 14 (ANI): In an endeavor to boost defence cooperation between the two nations,General Yoshifumi Hibako, Chief of Staff, Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces, is currently on a four-day visit of India.
India and Japan share a global vision of peace and stability. A road map for developing cooperation in the defence and security was agreed to in the form of joint statement during the then defence minister Pranab Mukherjee’s visit to Japan in 2006.
A ‘Defence Policy Dialogue’ has been established between the two countries and military to military Talks have also been institutionalized. Both the nations are committed to build on their strategic convergences and strengthen defence cooperation in mutually identified fields.
During his four days visit ending on February 16, General Hibako is scheduled to interact with senior officials of Indian armed forces and Ministry of Defence and discuss issues to enhance military cooperation.
This visit will further cement the historic ties between India and Japan, especially the military to military contacts, which are based on mutual trust and understanding. (ANI)
- Japanese army chief's visit to boost defence cooperation - Feb 14, 2011
- Ghana army chief visits India - Jun 28, 2010
- Indian Army chief to visit Britain from Monday - Feb 12, 2012
- Indian Army chief leaves for Britain on official visit - Feb 13, 2012
- IAF chief to visit Singapore air show - Feb 13, 2012
- India, China agree to work closely in Asia-Pacific region - Sep 07, 2012
- India flags maritime troubles with China at meet with Japan - Nov 03, 2011
- Indian Air Force chief begins Bangladesh trip - Mar 18, 2012
- Army Chief on four-day official visit to Maldives - Feb 10, 2010
- Indian Army chief in Nepal to strengthen military bond - Jul 10, 2012
- India, Japan to continue robust defence ties - Sep 21, 2011
- Indian army chief to visit US to enhance defence cooperation - Mar 04, 2011
- Indian air chief for Malaysia to promote military ties (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Indian air chief on Malaysia visit to promote military ties - Jan 30, 2012
- IAF chief on four-day visit to France - May 21, 2012
Tags: army chief, convergences, defence cooperation, defence forces, defence minister, defence policy, defence ties, global vision, india india, indian armed forces, japan share, japanese army, military cooperation, military talks, mutual trust, peace and stability, policy dialogue, pranab mukherjee, self defence, senior officials