Japan to help J&K; in social welfare schemesJune 13th, 2012 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 13 (IANS) Japan is keen to share its experience and technology linked to the field of social welfare with Jammu and Kashmir, officials said Wednesday.
A Japanese delegation met Jammu and Kashmir Social Welfare Minister Sakina Itoo here and expressed their country’s willingness to co-operate in “sharing experience and technology” in social welfare schemes.
“Special focus of discussions remained on rehabilitation of militancy victims, orphans, destitute and women empowerment,” a spokesman said.
The two-member Japanese delegation consisted of the Minister of Political Affairs at the Embassy of Japan in New Delhi, Takeshi Osuga and Second Secretary Rytotaro Fujita.
“The two sides discussed wide range of issues related to social service, welfare schemes launched in the state and other welfare programmes,” the spokesman added.
The minister apprised the delegation about the various schemes presently in place and their implementation and progress.
- Widows and orphans will be rehabiliated: Kashmir's woman minister (Interview) - Jan 22, 2012
- Kashmir's welfare scheme for nomadic Gujjars - Jul 23, 2012
- Kashmir reaches out to children of slain militants - May 11, 2010
- India seeks Japanese cooperation to run bullet trains - Jan 13, 2012
- Each district to have a womens' police station in Kashmir - Feb 19, 2011
- India, Japan discuss cooperation on African issues - Nov 28, 2011
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Khar in Delhi - Jul 26, 2011
- Kashmir participation must in India-Pakistan dialogue: Geelani - Jul 26, 2011
- Omar meets Sonia ahead of BJP's Srinagar flag hoisting - Jan 19, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir cabinet meets in remote LoC village - Sep 12, 2012
- Omar gives nod to loans schemes for youth entrepreneurs - Feb 01, 2012
- NDMA chief to attend global disaster meet - Jul 02, 2012
- Kashmiri students on 'mission' to know India meet Chidambaram - Feb 10, 2012
- Kashmir accountability commission issues notice to government - Feb 17, 2012
- Anti-domestic violence bill introduced in Kashmir assembly - Mar 26, 2010
Tags: embassy of japan, implementation, jammu and kashmir, japanese delegation, kashmir, New Delhi, orphans, political affairs, social welfare minister, social welfare schemes, spokesman, takeshi, willingness