Janmashtami celebrated across India with fervourSeptember 2nd, 2010 - 2:11 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi/Mathura Sep 2 (ANI): The auspicious festival of Janmashtami, the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna is being celebrated across the country with great enthusiasm.
Temples in Delhi were decorated with flowers and colourful lights on the occasion. Special security arrangements have been made at temples including the Birla Mandir, Jhandewalan, the International Society of Krishna Consciousness (ISCKON), Chhattarpur and the Gauri Shankar Mandir.
According to police, CCTV cameras and watch towers have also been installed around these temples to keep a close watch on potential suspects to avoid any untoward incident. Security has also been tightened at all the market places.
In Uttar Pradesh, the festival is being celebrated with enthusiasm, peace and gaiety.
The temples, especially those at Mathura and Vrindavan and ISKCON temples in several cities of the state have been decorated for the occasion.
At the Bankey Bihari Temple in Vrindavan, the Krishna Janma Bhoomi and Dwarakadhish Temple in Mathura, the festival is celebrated at night. Devotees perform the ‘Mangla Darshan’ at midnight.
Adequate security arrangements have been made in Mathura. The railways have announced the plying of seven special trains for devotees coming to Mathura to celebrate Janmashtami. (ANI)
- Delhiites throng temples on Janmashtami - Sep 02, 2010
- Thousands throng Mathura for Janmashtami - Aug 10, 2012
- Joyous mood sweeps Braj bhoomi on Janmashtami - Sep 02, 2010
- Temples across India deck up to celebrate Janmashtami - Sep 01, 2010
- Janmashtami celebrated with fervour in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 02, 2010
- Riot of colours as Holi celebrated with gaiety (Roundup) - Mar 08, 2012
- Braj turns yellow on Basant Panchami - Jan 28, 2012
- Foreign tourists find Braj Mandal Holi extraordinary - Mar 17, 2011
- Security beefed up in temples ahead of Janmashtami - Aug 31, 2010
- Delhi revels in the spirit of Janmashtami - Aug 22, 2011
- 'Chhed-chhad' keeps women away from Braj Mandal Holi - Mar 15, 2011
- Janmashtami celebrations begin in Delhi with gaiety - Aug 22, 2011
- Flooded Yamuna brings on Janmashtami fervour in Braj - Sep 01, 2010
- Janmashtami celebrations: Prayers, fasts, fervour grips Delhi - Aug 10, 2012
- Hundreds of devotees celebrate onset of monsoon month in Mathura - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: adequate security, bankey, bhoomi, bihari, birla mandir, birth anniversary, close watch, darshan, gaiety, gauri shankar, iskcon temples, krishna consciousness, krishna janma, lord krishna, mathura, potential suspects, security arrangements, special security, temples in delhi, untoward incident