Jamshedpur Court issues non-bailable warrant against Raj ThackerayOctober 20th, 2008 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Oct.20 (ANI): A court in Jamshedpur on Monday forwarded a non-bailable warrant (NBW) in the name of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray to Mumbai police.
The NBW has been issued against Thackeray for allegedly making derogatory remarks against Biharis. Mumbai Police said that the NBW would be executed this week.
Thackeray is presently out of the city.
The non-bailable warrant was issued by the court of first class judicial magistrate A K Tiwary on September 30 directing the MNS leader to be present before him on November 17.
The court directive came on a petition filed against Thackeray by Hammed Raza Khan, a lawyer, for allegedly hurting the religious sentiments of a section of society.
“Raj Thackeray is on a tour of the Konkan region and Western Maharashtra till November 25. It will be the decision of the home department whether to arrest him,” Atul Sarpotdar, General Secretary of the MNS, said.
The NBW was received here a day after MNS activists attacked centres conducting railway recruitment examination in suburban Mumbai to protest against the “inadequate representation” to locals and chased away candidates from north India.
More than 30 MNS activists were arrested from Dombivali, Thane, Andheri and Nala Sopara for disrupting the exam, tearing test papers and pelting stones on candidates, police said. (ANI)
- Mumbai police issues gag order against Raj Thackeray - Oct 21, 2008
- On Raj Thackerays arrest, Maharasthtra CM says nobody is above law - Oct 21, 2008
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray arrested - Oct 21, 2008
- Raj Thackeray denied bail, sent to jail for two weeks - Oct 21, 2008
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- Cash-for-vote: Non-bailable warrant against Hindustani - Aug 14, 2012
- Bihar court issues non-bailable warrant against Raj Thackeray - Dec 03, 2009
- 10,000 Mumbai autorickshaw permit holders agree to electronic meters - Oct 05, 2011
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Third Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Fresh arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Bihar court issues warrant against Bal Thackeray - Sep 05, 2009
- Defiant MNS asks Mumbai residents not to pay toll tax - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: activists, andheri, court directive, derogatory remarks, general secretary, inadequate representation, judicial magistrate, locals, mns, mumbai, nbw, north india, petition, railway, raj thackeray, raza khan, religious sentiments, test papers, tiwary, western maharashtra