Jammu-Srinagar Highway reopens todayFebruary 10th, 2008 - 1:10 pm ICT by admin
Srinagar, Feb 10 (ANI): The Jammu-Srinagar Highway was reopened on Sunday after remaining closed for seven consecutive days following heavy snowfall and landslides.
According to the state traffic department spokesman, the traffic on the arterial road was restricted to one-way.
Over 1700 vehicles, mostly trucks carrying essential supplies to Kashmir, were allowed to move ahead, he added.
He went on to say that no vehicle was allowed from Srinagar to Jammu on the highway.
The 300-kilometers highway was closed on February 3 after heavy snowfall and landslides at Panthal, Ramban, Patnitop and Jawahar Tunnel.
The highway is the only road link between the Kashmir Valley and the rest of the country. (ANI)
- Jammu- Srinagar National Highway reopens - Feb 28, 2011
- Traffic restored on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Dec 09, 2011
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed for second day - Feb 05, 2012
- Heavy rains, snow force shutdown of JK highway for third day - Mar 03, 2011
- Landslides block Srinagar-Jammu highway - Aug 04, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway opened again to traffic (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway re-opened to traffic - Feb 16, 2012
- One-way traffic likely on Srinagar-Jammu highway - Jan 20, 2012
- Landslides block Srinagar-Jammu highway again - Feb 22, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway re-opens for one-way traffic - Jan 19, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway re-opens for one-way traffic (With Images) - Jan 19, 2012
- Slippery ice keeps Jammu-Srinagar highway closed - Feb 10, 2010
- Srinagar-Jammu highway opened to one-way traffic - Jan 09, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway opens for one-way traffic - Mar 05, 2011
- Fresh snowfall blocks Srinagar-Jammu highway - Jan 06, 2012