Jammu-Kashmir Highway closed due to fresh snowfallFebruary 24th, 2009 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Feb 24 (ANI): Jammu-Srinagar National Highway has been closed for vehicular traffic due to heavy snowfall at Jawahar Tunnel area and rains at various places.
According to official sources, rain caused landslides at Panthal and a few other places.
The Srinagar-Jammu Highway passes through some of the trickiest mountain terrains in the Pir Panjal mountain range of Kashmir.
The road gets blocked every time there is heavy snowfall or landslides due to heavy rains. (ANI)
- Traffic restored on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Dec 09, 2011
- Fresh snowfall blocks Srinagar-Jammu highway - Jan 06, 2012
- Landslides block Srinagar-Jammu highway - Aug 04, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway re-opened to traffic - Feb 16, 2012
- Srinagar's night temperature rises above freezing point - Feb 03, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed for second day - Feb 05, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed due to landslides - Feb 24, 2011
- Heavy rains, snow force shutdown of JK highway for third day - Mar 03, 2011
- Heavy snowfall blocks national highway in Kashmir - Feb 06, 2009
- Landslides block Srinagar-Jammu highway again - Feb 22, 2012
- Jammu- Srinagar National Highway reopens - Feb 28, 2011
- A day of rain, snow in northern India - Jan 06, 2012
- Snowy day forecast in Kashmir Valley, mountains - Dec 19, 2011
- One-way traffic on Jammu-Srinagar highway (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Rains block Jammu-Srinagar highway, many stranded - Aug 22, 2012