James Bond memorabilia up for grabsNovember 27th, 2008 - 6:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 27 (ANI): Brit auction house Bonhams is auctioning off James Bond memorabilia at London’’s Olympia on December 1.
Items that are being auctioned off include the swimming Lotus Esprit from The Spy Who Loved Me, and other collectors cars, motorcycles and related ephemera.
The 1976 Esprit was recently restored, and according to the director of engineering at Lotus Cars, Roger Becker, this is the only one of the two fully functioning Esprits to be fitted with the missile launch button on the gear lever and the revised housing for the clock/periscope screen.
Becker had driven it during the car chases in The Spy Who Loved Me, starring Roger Moore as agent 007, and it is the same car in which Q instructs Bond about its various functions.
After filming, it went back to Lotus to be returned to standard specification and trim, and eventually found its way to Germany, and its current owner commissioned the original trimmer Nick Fulcher to return the Esprit to its Bond appearance.
The price for the car has not been revealed and Bonhams says, refer to department, which means that it would cost a lot.
Another Bond-related item is the number plate AU1, the registration borne by arch-villain Auric Goldfinger’’s Rolls-Royce Phantom III in the Sean Connery-era Bond outing, Goldfinger.
AU1 was issued in Nottingham in 1903 and remained in the original holder’’s family until the mid-1990s.
Offered with a V778 retention certificate, the registration is estimated at 80,000 pounds to 100,000 pounds, reports the Telegraph.
The sale takes place on December 1 at Olympia 2 on Hammersmith Road, London, and for more details, log onto www.bonhams.com/cars . (ANI)
- James Bonds Lotus Esprit expected to fetch PS120k at London auction - Nov 14, 2008
- James Bond’s Aston Martin Fetches 2.6 million Pounds! - Oct 29, 2010
- Bond Car Auction Acquires A Mammoth $6.8 million - May 24, 2010
- James Bond Car Auction Generates $6.8 Million - May 24, 2010
- Aston Martin Used By James Bond Fetches 2.6 Million Pounds At The Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- James Bond's 'Goldfinger' car breaks down - Jun 27, 2010
- James Bond's Aston Martin sold for 2.53 million pounds - Oct 28, 2010
- James Bond's Aston Martin Sells for 2.6m Pounds at Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- James Bond Aston Martin Expected to Fetch $5M at Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- Luxury car maker considers moving out of Britain - Oct 01, 2010
- Fleming 'based Goldfinger on real-life plot against Bank of England by German spymaster' - Jul 05, 2009
- Bentley designs James Bond book 'Carte Blanche' for $1,650 - May 02, 2011
- James Bond's Aston Martin DB5 Sold In London Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- Lennon's Ferrari to go under hammer - Jan 13, 2011
- Rusting car to auction for 200,000 pounds - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: arch villain, auction house, bonhams, car chases, collectors cars, director of engineering, gear lever, goldfinger, grabs, hammersmith road, james bond memorabilia, lotus cars, lotus esprit, mid 1990s, missile launch, road london, roger moore, rolls royce, rolls royce phantom, sean connery